PDA

View Full Version : 1mm glass

Pages : 1 [2]

Ray Rogers
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks Guys,

You can get Clear float glass in 1,2,3mm thicknesses at my web site. Size up to 28" square. Http://www.fpointinc.com

Mike Sparks
Focal Point

Hi Mike.

I have seen your site before - perhaps I just ran into it or perhaps someone pointed it out.

Anyway, your title mentioned AN glass, but I suspect most of the people here really want very very cheap clear glass,
which very cheap or not, it looks like you do carry.

One mistake I found, (a typo - at least I hope it is a typo) is:

HOPE 4X5 AN GLASS 2M
HP45AN2
$ 41.80

I don't think you could sell 2 meter thick 4x5 inch glass for such a low price! :)

I found the site a bit hard to read... well perhaps I needed to spend more time looking it over... I failed to fully see what the names meant
(eg. HOPE in the above typo) I knew some names (such as LPL) but not others....

Ray

fpoint
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, the site is a bit cumbersom with over 400 listing of glass sizes. I've got 30 years worth of manufacturers specs on glass in the store and it's gotten a personality of it's own. I'll fix the Hope listing. You're right 2mm glass thickness. That's why you see a few unfamiliar listings but I still get the occational inquiry for the old stuff.

FYI, Hope once manufactured one of the most popular film and paper processors for pro labs. They also made minilabs when that industry began.

To find a specific glass size I recommend searching on, for example, 4x5, or MS45 and it will return just that size to look through. Or if you have a particular manufacturer type that into the search window.

In the mean time you can always use the "contact us" feature and request a quote.

Thanks
mike

J. Miller Adam
08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Here is another option for thin sheet glass – a whole glass supplier in my neighborhood (D&L Stained Glass – Denver) carries 1/16" thin float glass, which works out to be 1.6mm. Their retail price for a 30x40 sheet is 2.65, with price breaks for larger quantities. I haven't ever ordered this particular glass, so I don't know its characteristics, tin v. plain side, etc.
They are a wholesale shop, so you would need to have some sort of business license and set up an account.
They are great to work with.

Tim Gray
08-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I bought some replacement AN glass from Mike before and was very pleased with the transaction. Good price too.