PDA

View Full Version : APUG UK Print Exchange Round 19

Pages : [1] 2 3

Brian Jeffery
06-25-2009, 04:16 AM
APUG UK Print Exchange Round 19.

It's time to kick off the sign up for Round 19 of the UK Print Exchange. If you signed up for round 18 but have not yet received a print can you inform me via PM. Anyone, who hasn't met their round 18 commitment will be excluded from this and future exchanges until they have sent their print.

Exchange rules are as follows:

Please register interest in this thread and send the address you want the print sent to via PM to me (with a subject line like "UK round 19" or "UK Print Exchange Round 19" or something similar please). Interest should be registered by the end of SATURDAY 13th JULY after which I will place all names in a hat and pick them out at random. I have kept a record of previous rounds matches so I'll try to ensure that people send prints to different people this round.

You will then receive a PM with the address of the person that you should send your print to.

Your details will have been passed to another in the group who should send you a print.

You will not be expected to send a print to the person that sends you one - just to the name and address that you have been provided with.

Rules.
1. Your print must have originated from a film/ in-camera paper negative /alternate process (eg no digital process at any point please), but any intermediate traditional stages are acceptable .
2. Your print should be on 10x8 paper (or larger if you wish, just don't expect others to send you anything bigger than 10 x 8 ).
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Inkjet prints or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
6. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
7. Enjoy the experience.
8. There is no expectation for critiques or comments to be made, although there is nothing to stop you asking for this if you wish.
9. Failure to honor the agreement and not send a print will result in a strike, 3 strikes and your out. Past failings will be counted.
10. In order to keep postage costs to a minimum this exchange is open to UK users only.

If you have a spare copy of your print then Simon Galley at Ilford / Harmon Technology would love to see it. I'm sure Simon will put it on the company notice board for everyone to see. Simon's address is:

HARMAN technology Limited,
Town Lane,
Mobberley,
Knutsford,
CHESHIRE.
WA16 7JL

Marked : For the attention of Simon.R.Galley

Brian

delphine
06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I am in .. thank you for organizing.

:)

pquser
06-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi brian
count me in as well please.

Bob Robertson....pquser

simulatordan
06-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Hello Brian,

Me too. Thanks for organising it again.

Regards Daniel

Shangheye
06-26-2009, 03:18 AM
I am a UK citizen, and though I am not in the UK, I have family who can receive the print (and my wife will bring it back to me with her). I don't mind posting mine from Belgium to someone in the UK. Will that be acceptable? If yes, I am in!

Rgds, Kal

bwakel
06-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Hi Brian

Please count me in.

Thanks

Barry

Brian Jeffery
06-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Kal, as long as you provide a UK address it's fine by me.

Brian

Shangheye
06-26-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm in then! Thanks. Kal

paul_c5x4
06-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm in - Even have a print selected ;)

Jon Butler
06-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes please Brian, thanks for starting it up again.
JON.

Brian Jeffery
06-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Can I remind everyone that in order to participate in this exchange you need to PM me your details. I would be grateful if you also registered your interest on this thread as it not only helps keep the thread at the top of the list, but it also helps me double check the participants.

Brian

Ian Grant
06-26-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd be interested too. But I'm only in the UK 2 maybe 3 times a year, I have me mum's UK address :D I have my own too but can't sell it !!!!

Can you explain how this Exchange works ? A PM might be better :)

Ian

GFDarlington
06-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Good for me this time too - count me in

G

Brian Jeffery
06-29-2009, 02:23 AM
We have a number of first timers joining this round, so I thought I would try to give a few pointers to make life easier:

To save on postal charges don't use envolopes any bigger than you have to. I use board back envolopes that measure 8.5" by 10.5" which can be found here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-Board-Backed-Envelopes-216-x-267mm-8-5-x-10-5_W0QQitemZ200282872456QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Packa ging_Materials?hash=item2ea1ca1a88&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A30)
Once you've signed up for the exchange, don't wait until you've been told where to send the print before getting in the darkroom. You only have a month to select, print and post, which is surprisingly short once life get's in the way. :)
You will almonst certainly not send a print to the same person that you send one too. However, sometimes it does happen.
If you're going to be late or won't be able to meet your obligation, please PM me so I can inform the recipiant.
Most importantly, enjoy yourself.

Brian

Steve Smith
06-29-2009, 02:26 AM
PM sent.

Steve.

Roger Bulcock
06-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Brian,

Please add me to the list.

Roger

Ian Grant
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
"You will almonst certainly not send a print to the same person that you send one too." That doesn't make sense :D

Ian

Brian Jeffery
07-02-2009, 02:39 AM
So far we have the following people signed up for round 19:

Steve Smith
paul_c5x4
delphine
simulatordan
bwakel
JON@jb-ci
Shangheye
GFDarlington
Roger Bulcock
pquser
Brian Jeffery

You've got until the 13th July to get your name on the list above.

Brian

Brian Jeffery
07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Right, guys if you signed up for round 19 of the exchange you should now have a PM with the details of where to send your print. Can you please ensure that your print reaches its recipient by the weekend of the 21st August.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you've got a question or if you feel you will not be able to meet this deadline.

Brian

bwakel
07-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Got mine in the post today. Used the grotty weather at the weekend as a good excuse to spend the morning in the darkroom.

Barry