PDA

View Full Version : MCC is back !

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Bob Carnie
09-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Mirko

Is this paper available in roll> 20, 24 or 30inch x100ft?

Bob

georgecp
09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I ordered three packages of the 8x10 25 from Freestyle last week and expect to receive them today or tomorrow.

Mirko, thank you for your guts, determination, and creativity to bring this product back to the market after digital dislocation of the last several years. It is truly an accomplishment. :) I wish you and your team nothing but success - that you can profitably service your worldwide customers providing these great products.

As another poster mentioned, I am sure that you will find demand for 100 or 250 sheet boxes of 8x10 once you get your production fully up and running..

Best Personal Regards,
George

niro
09-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Where can I buy MCC in the UK? I need only online shop within the UK, and I couldn't find MCC on SILVERPRINT.CO.UK

Thanks.

mikebarger
09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Mine arrived today.

Mike

David R Munson
09-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Will there be any distributors of this in Asia, or do I have to have it shipped from overseas if I want some? That may well be a deal-breaker for me.

Also, what about packages with more than 25 sheets? A 25-sheet package won't last me one printing session.

Any chance of someone addressing these questions?

ADOX Fotoimpex
09-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Where can I buy MCC in the UK? I need only online shop within the UK, and I couldn't find MCC on SILVERPRINT.CO.UK

Silverprint will be stocking it, so is Ag-Photographic.

Best regards,

Mirko

ADOX Fotoimpex
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Will there be any distributors of this in Asia, or do I have to have it shipped from overseas if I want some? That may well be a deal-breaker for me.

David,

we have a reseller in China and one company from Korea is also interested. But we have not yet settled a deal.

We are working on it. Any help from you and others (inquire with you dealers and ask them if they want to import it) is appreciated.

Best regards,

Mirko

ADOX Fotoimpex
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Now my actual news.
From today on we are shipping in Europe the following sozes of MCC:

18x24 cm
24x30 cm
30x40 cm
40x50 cm

More to come soon.

Best regards,

Mirko

David R Munson
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Cool. Thanks for the updates!

EDIT: Could you give me the info of the dealer in China as well as the potential dealer in Korea?

Willie Jan
09-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Mine 24x30 arrived yesterday.
6 of them are drying right now...
Surface looks nice but i want to compair it with other papers when it is completely dry.

ADOX Fotoimpex
09-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Cool. Thanks for the updates!

EDIT: Could you give me the info of the dealer in China as well as the potential dealer in Korea?

David,

itīs Daejin (http://photo-mall.co.kr) in Korea and Alpa China.

Best regards,

Mirko

Roger Thoms
02-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Just got 75 sheets to try it out.

Roger

kauffman v36
02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
anybody have any reviews on it? im so close to getting a box as the old agfa paper was amazing.

Tom Stanworth
02-26-2010, 11:07 AM
My experience is this:

Nice base hue - just a regular white.
Nice gloss when air dried, but a touch less glossy than MGWT
Subtle warmth to image. Very subtle (looks neautral at first glance) but visible next to MGIV which looks cold in comparison despite being neutral.
Great speed (1.5 stops faster than MGWT and about half a stop faster than MGIV).
Does not make the same contrast at the top end as the ilford papers.

Overall I prefer MGWT, largely for the better extreme contrast when I am struggling with a flat neg, but also for the slightly greater aparrent glow/gloss to the images. However, for large prints off 35mm this is an absolute winner as your exposure times remain sensible. Whereas MGWT seems to excel with somewhat flat negs where other papers lack the contrast, the MCC is cracking with high contrast negs where you do not need to work for good deep blacks.

When i re-stablish a darkroom after moving out of this property, this paper will be one of the three in my darkroom (MGQT, MGIV and MCC) giving neutral, warm neutral and warm. It replaces Kentmere fineprint (for me) for speed and has a less stark white base and better contrast.

Ken N
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Tom Stanworth's thoughts echo my own. The paper is whiter but the image is slightly warmer (richer) than Ilford. I was struggling with some highlights on a couple prints last week and I agree with Tom that Multigrade is a little easier to transition the highlights while keeping the image snappy. I'm finding split-grade printing of 35mm negs to be easier with this paper. To me, tonal separation in the highlights is better with Ilford, but tonal separation in the lower tones is better with Adox MCC 110.

Overall, I like the paper so much that it has become the only FB paper in my darkroom right now. Print WA is my developer with this paper. About to crack open my fifth package of 11x14...

The richness of the lower tones are what really sets this paper apart. I like to have a good solid foot to my tonal range and this paper gives it to me without effort and without the mud.

Rolleiflexible
02-26-2010, 12:23 PM
anybody have any reviews on it? im so close to getting a box as the old agfa paper was amazing.

Holy cow! People have been raving about this paper
here on APUG ever since Adox shipped out test sheets
over a year ago. Go search if you want opinions.

In a nutshell: If you liked Agfa's MCC 111, you'll love
Adox's MCC 110. They are indistinguishable from each
other EXCEPT the Adox version has a very slightly whiter
paper base. You would not notice the difference unless
you had both papers side-by-side.

Agfa used to be my paper of choice. Now I print most
everything on the Adox MCC 110 version.

mikebarger
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't think it could be summed up any better than Sanders' post. If they would just stick the 8X10 in a 100/250 sheet box.
I also have to say I like the RC, MCP310 too.

These will be the only two papers I purchase going forward.

Good luck!

Mike

clayne
02-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I'd just like to say:

In a time of all digital, all the time, thanks for doing all the hard work and sticking it out to bring this paper back, ADOX, I am grateful - as I am sure others are.

Sean
02-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Here is a write up by Alan Ross: http://www.alanrossphotography.com/2010/02/notes-on-the-new-adox-mcc-110-fb-paper/

kauffman v36
03-08-2010, 10:38 PM
let me say that i have officially been converted to MC110 from MGIV after tonights printing session. i ordered a box of 25 8x10's last week and the first time i used the paper i wasnt too impressed. today when i saw images printed on MGIV, Arista, MC110, variotone, and MGWT, i have to say that MC110 is my favorite nuetral tone paper ive used. sure warmtone has its suits and its beautiful but for 90% of my printing mc110 is magnificent. it has a slight warm tone to it and next to MGIV it has a very nice warm tone to it and makes the MGIV look cold as ice.

on a side note, i was not impressed with the variotone warmtone paper. i printed the same image on all papers and the mc110, MGWT, and arista edu papers all appeared warmer than the VTWT, weird considering mc110 is nuetral and VTWT is warm. any suggestions?