PDA

View Full Version : MCC is back !

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Michael W
11-26-2010, 07:58 AM
It's good to read the reasoning behind the business decisions. I've been using the new MCC & am impressed by the quality. Would like to have it in 100 sheet boxes of 8x10 mostly for convenience. Also the empty boxes are useful for storing prints in. The 25 sheet envelopes go in the bin when empty. I buy from Freestyle - I hadn't realised these boxes are available and they choose not to stock them.

StigHagen
11-26-2010, 04:33 PM
And please make them a little larger so that I can stuff the bag back into the box without kinking the corners of the paper.

agree...and actually my paper, 12x16", was about 4 millimeter smaller than other brands...

mikebarger
11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
A savings of 5 or 6 dollars almost pays the shipping when I buy a 200 sheet purchase. Works better for me.

Thanks

Mike

StigHagen
11-27-2010, 10:46 AM
agree...and actually my paper, 12x16", was about 4 millimeter smaller than other brands...

actually only 2 millimeter smaller, my mistake, not an issue for me ;)

maart
02-22-2011, 01:32 AM
And please make them a little larger so that I can stuff the bag back into the box without kinking the corners of the paper.

This is very true! The original boxes damage the paper-corners, so I re-use paper-boxes from other manufacturers. For the rest: only happiness with this paper!!

Tom Kershaw
02-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Better quality boxes would be a major improvement; otherwise, MCC is one of the best papers on the market.

Tom

paul ron
12-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I am patiently awaiting Santa to bring me a box of ADOX MCC this year. I have been on a quest to find an AGFA replacement since my old stock is now down to 10 sheets, and I am crying.

It seems everyone is more concerned about boxes, how about we jsut be happy we are getting a quality paper back again? Boxes will just inflate costs to the manufacturer who is trying to stand on his own feet ofr now. Perhaps they will make it up in the future when the paper takes hold of a small market.

I'm looking forward to trying ADOX soon.

mikebarger
12-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Assuming there must not have been enough interest in 100 sheet boxes?

Thanks

paul ron
12-26-2011, 05:30 PM
If I like the stuff I'll be stocking up on it, as long as shelf life allows me to store for long periods as was tradtional with old emulsions.

Any feedback on storage longevity Mr ADOX?

ADOX Fotoimpex
02-28-2012, 05:31 AM
ADOX MCC is made acording to the latest version of Agfa MCC which was introduced to the markets in the 90ies and redesigned around 1998.
It is thus one of the most modern emulsions available.

When you make a paper you have to meet different goals. We produce MCC not primarily for long storage capability but to achieve the best photographic properties.
The storage then falls into place at a minimum of 3 years (guaranted keeping time period) with an extension of up to 8 years (total) under perfect storage conditions. I do not know of any hotographic paper today, free of banned substances, which has substantually better keeping properties at a comparable speed.

Kind regards,

Mirko

RalphLambrecht
02-29-2012, 04:57 AM
to be save, i also need a box of 50 per session.