PDA

View Full Version : Novice, plate camera find - any info/help much appreciated !

Pages : 1 [2]

Sirius Glass
07-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Stop buying gear. USE the stuff! ;-) dont fall into the trap, no more gear...lots of gear is bad...so says the guy whose wife has stated that I am in an intervention moment. :-)

Enjoy the art, beautiful finds.

./e

The man has GAS! Let him blow it out or air down before you start this kind of talk.

Steve

Ian Grant
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
The man has GAS! Let him blow it out or air down before you start this kind of talk.

Steve

Bill can speak for himself as well :D

Just let me say I know Bill, he HAS NOT GOT GAS :) ,well only mildly, although he knows I lust after his Zenit C :)

If you put yourself around you find/spot these cameras, you sell most you keep a few.

Ian

Sirius Glass
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Bill can speak for himself as well :D

Just let me say I know Bill, he HAS NOT GOT GAS :) ,well only mildly, although he knows I lust after his Zenit C :)

If you put yourself around you find/spot these cameras, you sell most you keep a few.

Ian

I know. But I only buy, very rarely sell, operable cameras.

Yesterday and today I saw and handled probably the largest collection of Graphic, Graflex and similar large format cameras [Georx Anschutz, Nettel, Plaubel Makina] in private hands. The pull on the wallet is at least on the same magnitude as handling Hasselblad [or Leica] equipment. I have been pondering which equipment I should use to start LF photography. I think that I have solved my first round quantry by arranging to buy a 4x5 Graphic Pacemaker and a 4x5 Graflex Model D.

Please see my signature line.

Steve

bill spears
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Just let me say I know Bill, he HAS NOT GOT GAS :) ,well only mildly

That was a few months ago Ian, the condition has worsened since then :)