PDA

View Full Version : Tri-x in Auckland, the mystery continues...

vdonovan
07-14-2009, 12:29 AM
I stopped into Photo Warehouse, a good-sized shop on the Great North Road that still carries film and darkroom supplies. They only stock Ilford chemistry.

I asked about Tri-x and was told "they don't make it any more." When I said that I was pretty sure that wasn't true, I was told, "well, that's what the distributor tells us."

So now I have a conspiracy theory: maybe there are two distributors of film supplies in the Auckland area? One makes a little more margin on Ilford and Fuji, so is discouraging use of Kodak products.

JBrunner
07-14-2009, 01:06 AM
I stopped into Photo Warehouse, a good-sized shop on the Great North Road that still carries film and darkroom supplies. They only stock Ilford chemistry.

I asked about Tri-x and was told "they don't make it any more." When I said that I was pretty sure that wasn't true, I was told, "well, that's what the distributor tells us."

So now I have a conspiracy theory: maybe there are two distributors of film supplies in the Auckland area? One makes a little more margin on Ilford and Fuji, so is discouraging use of Kodak products.

I think Kodak would be seriously interested in this phenom.

Chris Nielsen
07-14-2009, 02:29 AM
I was in there last weekend and had an argument with them when he said Tri-X was discontinued. He backed down when I said it was available from B&H and photo.co.nz. He then mumbled something about a change in distributor in NZ and from his mumblings I suspect that whoever they use just don't bring Tri-x into NZ. As I said, photo.co.nz has some so no worries. PCL also but I can't get in there in the week as I'm well out of town

darkosaric
07-14-2009, 03:01 AM
When I lived in Croatia (Zagreb) I had similar experience about TriX: you can find T-max 100 and 400 everywhere, Ilford and other companies also, but TriX no way, nowhere. I was buying TriX on ebay.