PDA

View Full Version : Final ULF questions.....

Pages : 1 [2]

coriana6jp
09-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Well, the beast finally arrived this afternoon in two huge boxes. I spent most of the evening putting it together in my office and to put it mildly I am more than pleased. I don't have my dark cloth yet, so its hard to see in my dark office at night but the image on the glass is incredible. Tomorrow, I will move it closer to the window and play a little bit. I knew it would be big, but compared to my 8x10 and 4x5 its enormous. I need to spend sometime with the camera before I ready to take it out. Now I am waiting for my Ilford order to arrive. I have two holders now, was planning to buy a couple more but the wife backed the car into a telephone poll and there went the extra holders for a while.

A big thanks to Richard Ritter for making the camera, Sandy King for supplying the holders & Ilford the film for feeding the beast.

Thanks all for the advice, I am sure I am going to have many more questions as time progresses.

Gary

roodpe
09-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Gary,

Nice camera. Enjoy!

Pete

Brickbird
09-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Looks sweet, Gary. Congratulations.................Tav

sanking
09-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Gary,

Looks great. Is that a 12X20?

Sandy King

David A. Goldfarb
09-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Looks great, Gary! That front tilt mechanism with the tubes is reminiscent of the arrangement on my American Optical 11x14" camera.

coriana6jp
09-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the kind worlds. I am looking forward to getting to actually use it.

Sandy,

It is a 12x20, I bought the holders from you back in June. They are beautiful and fit the camera perfectly. After I finish paying for a new rear fender, I will be picking up a couple more. Thanks!

David,

Thanks much. I am curious as to your American Optical 11x14, if you every have a chance I would love to see pictures of the front mechanism.

Thanks All.

Gary

David A. Goldfarb
09-28-2009, 08:35 PM
David,

Thanks much. I am curious as to your American Optical 11x14, if you every have a chance I would love to see pictures of the front mechanism.

Thanks All.

Gary

I haven't had a free moment to photograph the front tilt mechanism in detail, but here is a photograph of me using the camera--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/37884-why-doesnt-everyone-have-one-these-6.html#post454683

And here is a page showing close up shots of a smaller version with a similar front tilt mechanism--

http://www.fiberq.com/cam/amopt/aocom2.htm

That page mentions an 11x14" camera similar to the one shown, sold on eBay in 2002, and I am fairly sure he is referring to my camera, as not many 11x14" cameras similar to this show up on eBay, and I did purchase it on eBay in 2002, and I was shopping around for an 11x14" at the time, so I would have seen other cameras like it up for sale.