PDA

View Full Version : Amelie and Alchemy - A short film

Dana Sullivan
08-08-2009, 11:25 AM
(c) 2009 University of Southern California
A film by Konstantin Brazhnik

VgFXvFqw0yU

Luther lectured and then demonstrated the wet plate process last week at our 6th biennial APIS conference. This film was shot by USC film student Konstantin Brazhnik, and has been picked up by the Ovation satellite channel and turned into a half hour television documentary. Hopefully we'll see the finished product soon.

Andrew Ren
08-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the post,Dana.

Andrew

wildbill
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I enjoyed Luther's demonstration on the process at the getty. He's a nice guy too.

Do you think they'll show the plate washing off in the creek on television as well?

Dana Sullivan
08-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Honestly, I don't know what they show in the half hour version.

I found this link to this article from our weekly newspaper arts insert. It's a lot of fluff, but good publicity, regardless.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Pasatiempo/When-mammoth-cameras-roamed-the-earth-Paul-Weideman-The-New-Mex

Thanks for reading,

Dana

Chazzy
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks very much for putting up the video and starting this thread. I look forward to seeing the half hour version.

Vaughn
08-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks, Dana!

Fun to watch -- especially as one who has been photographing his triplets for the past 8 years (but just with film/8x10, but with 30 to 60 second exposures in the redwoods and a few other landscapes). Usually I make platinum prints, but occasionally carbon prints.

Vaughn

PVia
08-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Great...thanks for this!

Dana...did you videotape any of the presentations at APIS this year?

Nikanon
08-10-2009, 12:07 AM
i love watching anything concerning large format photography, i really respect this guy as a photographer for his devotion to the format of his choice and how his results are very much what he visualizes, thank you for the video.

Dana Sullivan
08-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Great...thanks for this!

Dana...did you videotape any of the presentations at APIS this year?

My dad taped it. I'm not sure what he's got planned, but I'll post the videos as soon as he gives them to me!

-Dana

PVia
08-10-2009, 10:53 PM
My dad taped it. I'm not sure what he's got planned, but I'll post the videos as soon as he gives them to me!

-Dana

Excellent!!!