PDA

View Full Version : Collection vintage camera's

Peter de Groot
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
This is a teaser. Coming monday I will pick up a collection of old camera's. It will contain an Agfa clack (my new pinhole camera), an olympus pen. 2 foldable camera's for I think 6x9 and 4x5. Don't know the brand though and more stuff. Also an old bakelyte protable flash with battery.

I'll let you know more next week and post some pics. Can't wait to pick them up.

Peter

eli griggs
08-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I love finding old cameras. To me, there's something Christmassy about getting into a box of new to me photo-gear and the surprising ways some of these things work just makes it that much more fun.

Good luck

Eli

Peter de Groot
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
same here. On a regular basis I take pics with an 72 year old Eho Box camera and a agfa clack. Great results. So I love buying new old stuff to try out and see the results.

steven_e007
08-17-2009, 04:08 PM
I love folding rollfilm cameras. I hope you get something.... tasty;-)

Peter de Groot
08-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Well I got in the collection two Ideal camera's. One Ideal 383 and a smaller version. In pretty good shape. came even with plate holders. I'll post a pic later.

Peter de Groot
08-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Ok I lied a bit. It is not an Ideal 383 but 385. Here's apic:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2600/3855869378_ee2d7106af.jpg

It says this on it: ica akt:ges. dresden. To bad it doesn't have a lens But I have an anstigmat lens 150 mm wich should fit I gues.
Of the smaller camera I can't say if it is the same brand. I will get a pic later from that one. It had a lens but it was broken. The outside metal cover was broken in half and the shutterleaf don't go back quickly. So I would like to try and fix it but don't if it will work. Glass is not clear either. Well it will keep me busy for a while.

Ektagraphic
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
I would love to see a photo of a flash made out of bakelite! That must be really cool!

Toffle
08-25-2009, 09:19 AM
I've been offered a "box full" of "antique cameras", all "with bellows". (the quotes are to indicate how little I have been told about the contents of said box.) The cameras have been stored in a basement and the fellow would rather give them away than have them decay in the damp. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there might be a gem or two in the collection.

Cheers,

Peter de Groot
08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Ektagraphic I will post a pic real soon. My box contained some nice stuf en some complete rubbish. But the portable flash thingy looked nice.

steven_e007
08-27-2009, 02:04 PM
It's not fair!!!!

Where is my box of free goodies?! :o

The Ideal looks really good, shouldn't be difficult to source a lens on eBeeGeeby, if the 150 you have doesn't fit. It might work well with a pinhole, too ;)

sharris
08-27-2009, 10:14 PM
So my youngest daughter, 11, comes home from friends after visiting a garage sale. She says some cameras for sale etc..and I'm like, ya, ya. So I go anyway. Pick up 12 cameras...all Kodak folders in various stages of disrepair...eye candy only for bookshelves..fun to give away. Paid $20 for lot of cameras, like new leather holders and a broken Retina Reflex where meter works, is mint but shutter stuck open. Some are vest pocket...some 127 and large. Those little prism finders are a hoot! Visitors love them. The guy selling them, turns out, has over 400 Kodak cameras in glass shelving units and like 1,000 kodak accessories. I live in Brighton, MI area and is pretty amazing to find someone out here with such an interest. Anyway, is only time good furtune has smiled on me like that. Cheers.

Peter de Groot
08-28-2009, 01:24 AM
@Steven...my box was not for free I'm afraid. But it is nice anyway :-)

Jeff Searust
08-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Peter-- turning a clack into a pinhole camera still hurts a bit...LOL

I love my Clack, rubber bands holding it shut and all.

Peter de Groot
08-29-2009, 01:23 AM
the beauty of the clackis that you can reverse the process just as easy. And if you have two.....

Toffle
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
I picked up my box of treats today... :) 16 cameras in all, mostly of the Brownie line. (one is an 1897 model, and a number easily turn of the 20th Century.) There are a couple of Art Deco Brownies (one is definitely a Target) which I cannot figure out how to open... There are a couple of Duraflex (a III and a IV with flash)

Also in the box was a Jiffy Six-16 folder with very leaky bellows and a Six-16 Dakar 1 in really good shape. (this is my favourite of the bunch)

Also, to represent the non-Kodak camp, there is a Tower Flash 120, an Argus Seventy-Five, and a really neat Sankyo Cine camera with a three-lens turret.

I've given everything an initial cleaning, and most of the shutters seem to work. Now I'm dreaming of how to load some of these with appropriate film and try them out. Wish me luck. :D

Cheers,

Peter de Groot
09-03-2009, 06:26 AM
ah cool. Don't like the kodak camera's too much though. To much hassel with the film spools. I always cut off the outher edge of the plastic spool but can't be bothered to do that every time. But good luck and happy playing. :-)