PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio gathering September 4-6, 2009

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

jp80874
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Though this seemed to be the weekend of choice, one person after another has had to bow out, some for happy reasons like the Steckmeyers, some for more difficult reasons. Let’s try a poll of any who are planning to come. The camping area will be available for anyone who wants to stay Friday night through Sunday morning. If we have takers for the event I was thinking of driving over to Nelson Ledges, leaving here about 8:00 AM and arriving there about 9:00 AM Saturday. If anyone wants to meet there at that time or later let me know. If no takers I will probably work on my school project of shooting local 20th century churches. You are welcome for either.

If this falls through we can reschedule for when ever the OH Dept. of Natural Resources thinks we will have fall color in October. It was the third weekend last year. What are your thoughts?

John

Shawn Dougherty
08-31-2009, 01:51 PM
John,
I just spoke to my boss for confirmation. I am off Saturday and I can definitely be there (Nelson's Ledges) Saturday. You and I have been talking about this place for over a year now and I'm dying to see it. So, if nothing else you can count on me. 9 o'clock sounds good. I just talked to Scott Killian and he's checking his family schedule and may accompany me. I can't do more than one day though. All the best. Shawn

Jeff Bannow
09-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Can't make it this weekend unfortunately, but will definitely make it in October if I can. The 3rd weekend (the 17th) would be ideal for us.

djkloss
09-01-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm still waiting to get my jeep fixed. I think I'll have to say no to this weekend as well. bummer!

winger
09-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Can't make it this weekend unfortunately, but will definitely make it in October if I can. The 3rd weekend (the 17th) would be ideal for us.
The 17th works for me as well.

Peter Spangenberg
09-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I'll be there Saturday AM

djkloss
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
October 17 works for me too

Shawn Dougherty
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll be there Saturday AM

Cool, looking forward to seeing you, Peter. PLEASE BRING SOME OF THESE GORGEOUS PRINTS YOU'VE BEEN POSTING!!!

white.elephant
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
The weekend of October 17th is great for me.

jp80874
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks Peter and Shawn for coming this Saturday. Sorry the rest of you won't be there.

Thanks all for the enthusiasm. Before the tentative Oct. 17 date snowballs from the four who have responded, please remember that so far this is subject to the OH-DNR statement about fall color. That is unless coinciding with predicted fall color is no longer important to the group. You know with me 85% color blind, my only priority is not to disappoint my guests. Let’s get further into September before we firm up a date for October. The welcome mat is out, but we are just not sure for what weekend yet.

John

ic-racer
09-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Unlikely I'll be able to meet up with you guys Sat 9 AM, but if anyone can PM me a cell phone number, I'd like to find out if you guys are out shooting and meet up later. I have a bunch of 8x10 film holders loaded up and ready to go. I'm also going to be at the Photorama on Sunday.

jp80874
09-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Unlikely I'll be able to meet up with you guys Sat 9 AM, but if anyone can PM me a cell phone number, I'd like to find out if you guys are out shooting and meet up later. I have a bunch of 8x10 film holders loaded up and ready to go. I'm also going to be at the Photorama on Sunday.

Dale,

Peter, Shawn and I will be there from 9 AM or earlier until lunch time. Peter threatens a very good lunch after. Nelson Ledges has a small parking lot. Just go up the hill from the center entrance to the parking lot. I won't be far. It is too rough and steep to go any distance with the jogger. I would be surprised if we had cell phone service there. It is way out in the boonies.

Thanks for the remnder. I had forgotten about the photo swap meet in Richield, Sunday, at the Quality Inn, 10AM-3 PM for anyone in the area.

John

ic-racer
09-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Ok so I read that at about noon, so I guess I'll have to appreciate the 'morning light' through the photographs of others :)

Shawn Dougherty
09-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Dale,
Peter threatens a very good lunch after.
John

And he delivered! Good to see everyone. I made two prints from that outing yesterday. I'll try to get them scanned and in the gallery today or tomorrow. Best. Shawn

Lee L
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Glad you guys had a good day. I had too much to take care of here at home to make it out. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Lee

Shawn Dougherty
09-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Glad you guys had a good day. I had too much to take care of here at home to make it out. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Lee

You were missed, Lee! Just posted a PRINT SCAN (http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=46429&c=2) in the gallery. More fun with the HP5+ and highly dilute Rodinal. Shawn

jp80874
09-08-2009, 09:48 AM
What fun. Thanks for coming Peter, Nicholas and Shawn. Nelson Kennedy Ledges is a fantastic place. Thank you Peter for introducing it to me. I developed a couple of negatives this morning. Those rocks really soak up light, but I seem to have allowed for it. Jean found us a wonderful place to eat and enjoy a very unusual character. More of that in the future I hope. Thank you for trying to get there, Dale and Lee. Maybe next time. It is well worth the ride.

Let’s talk about October. We have run into a problem with the third weekend, 16th, 17th and 18th. I should have checked this out, but I didn’t, mea culpa. Dolly’s teacher’s union negotiated a three day weekend for then. She who has encouraged me to host the last five events would like that three day weekend for us. Sorry for the mistaken suggestion.

We are available Oct. 9th, 10th and 11th. We were already beginning to see color changes this past weekend. The leaves on the maple tree west of out house are loaded with red. Historically the late October weekends have been cold and wet. Peter and Lee commented on seeing color changes where they are, north east and west of here. Please forgive me for the mistake. I hope you will be able to come that weekend. I have checked with the Ohio DNR and they are unwilling to make predictions more than a week out. That really doesn’t help us for planning purposes. What do you think about Oct. 9th, 10th and 11th.?

John

Jeff Bannow
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
We should be able to come that weekend, though we would have to leave early on Sunday to attend a wedding back home.

Shawn Dougherty
09-08-2009, 11:04 AM
We should be able to come that weekend, though we would have to leave early on Sunday to attend a wedding back home.

I will be able to make it to at least part of the weekend for sure, possibly the whole time... I think a trip to Nelson is in order!

winger
09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately, that weekend is out for me. One of my cousins is getting married in D.C. on Saturday. If Dolly thinks the leaves are changing early, I could go out the weekend before that.