PDA

View Full Version : Steam Town USA august 15

eddie gunks
08-14-2009, 06:51 AM
a bunch of us LF shooters will be going to scranton Pa on sat. great national park.....and it is free this weekend.

all formats are welcome. all in fun.

eddie

Fotoguy20d
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Wish I'd known sooner - I'm already committed for this weekend to Governors Island (another great national park, by the way). Somehow, I never seem to get to Steamtown when the weather is good - this weekend is supposed to be nice - enjoy!

Dan

rmann
08-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Great place to go - just wish there had been more advance notice as I have family plans that can't be changed.

Terence
08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
You should call and see if they'll do a longer shop tour to let you set up cameras, etc. Might be too busy on a weekend. A couple of us went on a weekday a few years ago and they let us spend about an hour and a half in the shop. Tough light, but the most fascinating part of the place, in my opinion.

Also, not far from there (maybe a mile and a half) is the warehouse for Olde Good Things, an architectural salvage company based in Manhattan. Lots of fascinating NYC artifacts, and a huge yard filled with old gates, stone columns, etc. The folks who run it are very nice, despite apparently being a supposed cult (yes, really).

I might be able to make it.

Rick Olson
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Great place for shooting lines of retired/stored locomotives, freight cars and equipment. I have shot there many times! Plus there is an active freight line with the Delaware-Lackawanna Railroad if you want to shoot some freight action. I would love to attend ... just a long drive from Colorado.

Have fun!!

eddie gunks
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
cool! if you can come we would love to shoot with you.

we planned this last night.....sorry for the late heads up......better late than never. :)

eddie gunks
08-21-2009, 08:35 AM
a great time. a quick snap. more in the gallery.