View Full Version : Steam Town USA august 15

eddie gunks
08-14-2009, 06:51 AM
a bunch of us LF shooters will be going to scranton Pa on sat. great national park.....and it is free this weekend.

all formats are welcome. all in fun.

08-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Wish I'd known sooner - I'm already committed for this weekend to Governors Island (another great national park, by the way). Somehow, I never seem to get to Steamtown when the weather is good - this weekend is supposed to be nice - enjoy!

08-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Great place to go - just wish there had been more advance notice as I have family plans that can't be changed.

08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
You should call and see if they'll do a longer shop tour to let you set up cameras, etc. Might be too busy on a weekend. A couple of us went on a weekday a few years ago and they let us spend about an hour and a half in the shop. Tough light, but the most fascinating part of the place, in my opinion.

Also, not far from there (maybe a mile and a half) is the warehouse for Olde Good Things, an architectural salvage company based in Manhattan. Lots of fascinating NYC artifacts, and a huge yard filled with old gates, stone columns, etc. The folks who run it are very nice, despite apparently being a supposed cult (yes, really).

I might be able to make it.

Rick Olson
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Great place for shooting lines of retired/stored locomotives, freight cars and equipment. I have shot there many times! Plus there is an active freight line with the Delaware-Lackawanna Railroad if you want to shoot some freight action. I would love to attend ... just a long drive from Colorado.

Have fun!!

eddie gunks
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
cool! if you can come we would love to shoot with you.

we planned this last night.....sorry for the late heads up......better late than never. :)

eddie gunks
08-21-2009, 08:35 AM
a great time. a quick snap. more in the gallery.