PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Woodstock...

billschwab
08-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I was just talking to some friends and remembered a site I set up 14 years ago this month that I'd all but forgotton. (A bit of a time capsule for me) It is one of the last events I did back in my journalism days. I remember some really great music, but most of the event was shadowed by a bad back acting up. It, the rain and the mud didn't mix well. At least I've had that fixed... finally!

Anyway... Although not THE Woodstock, it is a grouping of photographs from the hundreds I made on assignment at "Woodstock '94".

http://www.billschwab.com/woodstock/

Thanks for taking a look if you are so inclined! Give me a break too as it is one of the first websites I ever did. It was done in the days of lower resolution monitors and the pics seem small now. All are shot with Nikon f-3's and Tri-X film.

Bill

thebanana
08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Very cool Bill. You definitely captured the muddiness :)

Peace.

billschwab
08-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for checking it out Banana. Yeah... there wasn't much but mud after the second day!

mike c
08-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Bill, was that held at same place as the first one.The first one was a little muddy too.

Mike

SuzanneR
08-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Was this the event where the Red Hot Chili Peppers burned the stage at the end?? Great stuff, Bill!

billschwab
08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
No... not the same site as the original, nor the one where the RHCP started the riot. They did play at the '94 event. Although one of the killer sets that year, they were much calmer. I remember Nine Inch Nails doing an incredible set as well.

Thanks guys.

Thomas Bertilsson
08-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Very cool, Bill! Do you still have prints?

billschwab
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Yes, Thomas. I do still have prints of what I thought were the best at the time. Someday I'll revisit the negatives and see what else catches my eye. Thanks!

eddie gunks
08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
great stuff. iwas there. missed '69 and '09 but made '94 and '99. i thought about going to the 09 show in bethel but just decided against it...i will probably regret it. i will do the 50th year one for sure. :)

theseasideartist
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Very Cool !
I love Tri-X.

Glad you found them.

I was cleaning out a closet the other day- I came across a box with negs, prints and contact sheets from 30 years ago.
A virtual time capsule for sure.
Wonder what will happen in 30 years when I stumble accross my current jump drive.
Probably nothing- just a little piece of plastic - I won't even remember what it is or what it does.
Long Live Film!
D