PDA

View Full Version : Victoria & Vancouver Island Large Format meeting: Thursday September 10th, 6:30pm

walter23
08-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Hello, just an announcement for a meeting of south Vancouver Island / Victoria area photographers. Canoe club, 6:30 pm, September 10th. The canoe club is just north of the blue bridge, somewhat near Capital Iron, down by the water.

It's technically the large format users' group meeting, but this is a pretty loose definition and photographers using other formats would be welcome.

Bring an interesting print or two to show off, or anything else you have to show and tell (odd lenses, cameras, whatever).

If you could let me know you are coming that would help me gauge whether or not to make a reservation (for example, if there's going to be a particularly large group).

Cheers,
Walter

Eric Rose
08-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Good luck Walter. I hope you get a great turnout. We are having our Calgary LFUG meeting the third Tuesday of September.

walter23
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
There are some really talented photographers out here; hope to see many of them show up ;)

BWKate
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
So let me get this right, even a 35mm photographer like myself would be welcome?

walter23
09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi, I haven't heard from many people, so I'm going to assume the turnout will be low for this one and so it is cancelled (or rather, I'm not going to show up anyway).

I was told of an art gallery opening, so I'm going to head and check that out instead I think.

It's Luz Gallery on Fort St. I'll probably head there around 6pm.

We'll reschedule this for another week when it's not the end of summer holidays, etc.

Eric Rose
09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
When I started the Large Format Users Group (LFUG) here in Calgary I got the largest camera store in Calgary (The Camera Store) and incidentally the only one interested in support art and LF photographers to send out an email to their mailing list telling of our first meeting. We had a great turnout and as they say the rest is history. We are starting our 6th season on the 15th. If your in town you are welcome as always.

BWKate
09-11-2009, 02:28 AM
Also Friday night there is an opening at the Community Arts Council gallery at 6:00 p.m. of the Monday Magazine Photo Contest. I'm probably the only entrant that still uses film and prints in a traditional darkroom. I won first in the black and white category.

mooseontheloose
09-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Congrats Kate!

MattKing
09-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Also Friday night there is an opening at the Community Arts Council gallery at 6:00 p.m. of the Monday Magazine Photo Contest. I'm probably the only entrant that still uses film and prints in a traditional darkroom. I won first in the black and white category.

Congratulations Kate - glad to hear that Monday Magazine has such great taste :).

Matt

PhotoBob
09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Congratulations Kate.
Walter ... I just now stumbled upon this post ... I too was at the Luz launch.
But I'd love a get-together eh