PDA

View Full Version : Adox and Efke

Mahler_one
09-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi Mirko:

Is the Adox CHS 100 and the Efke 100 film made at the same plant using the same machines? Are the products exactly the same? Again-is there any discernible difference of any kind between the two films, i.e., does one have "built in" hardeners? I ask because there is apparently continuing confusion about the series of emulsions that are the same as the older Adox emulsions, and I would appreciate your "setting the record straight" once and for all.

Thanks.

ADOX Fotoimpex
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Dear Mr. Mahler,

if you download our printed catalogue in German you find in respect to ADOX CHS films the following statement as the first sentence:
"These films were previously sold by us under the efke brandname".

The way you pose the question I cannot answer. Efke is a known trademark, so is ADOX and every partner does his business and we both respect the otherīs trademark.

Could you please post the link to the discussions you refer to ?
I would like to answer in detail to the respective customer clarifying the situation. There have been a few changes lately in Fotokemikas products and might have sold longer from stock out of known batches than other vendors.

Best regards,

Mirko

jelke
09-04-2009, 11:21 AM
i just developed my first ADOX 50 (4x5 inch) sheetfilm in ADOX APH 09 developer, i used the same asa setting and development time as with my old efke 50 film and..., i see no difference

only the film is after drying more flat