View Full Version : NE Ohio Apug Gathering, Fall Color, October 9-11, 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

jp80874
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Wish you could join us Jo.

John

Peter Spangenberg
10-07-2009, 10:59 PM
If anybody's interested, I would be happy to do a platinum demo at John's on Sat. (he told me it's OK). Pretty quick demo 30-45min and it's not in the dark either. Pls let me know if there's any interest.

Lee L
10-07-2009, 11:18 PM
If anybody's interested, I would be happy to do a platinum demo at John's on Sat. (he told me it's OK). Pretty quick demo 30-45min and it's not in the dark either. Pls let me know if there's any interest.
I'd love to see it. Great idea.

Lee

djkloss
10-08-2009, 05:44 AM

That would be great! I'd love to see that!

jp80874
10-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Idea for consideration. Maybe if we are going to do Peter's platinum demo we should just meet at 9 AM, coffee & rolls, do the demo, the show and tell in the morning, have lunch and go to Sylvan pond and Oak Hill in the afternoon. Thoughts on this plan?

Peter do you want me to dig out the wood light exposure box then? We can set it up on the patio or family room depending on weather, or would you rather have that part in the darkroom?

John

Jeff Bannow
10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Sounds like the plans are coming together well. Can't wait to see everyone soon!

Current plans have us coming in Sat. morning, and leaving Sun. morning early. We'll bring homemade jam and the Chamonix 4x5.

Lee L
10-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Idea for consideration. Maybe if we are going to do Peter's platinum demo we should just meet at 9 AM, coffee & rolls, do the demo, the show and tell in the morning, have lunch and go to Sylvan pond and Oak Hill in the afternoon. Thoughts on this plan?

John

Works for me.

Lee

jp80874
10-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Predicted weather as of 2 PM Thursday: They are expecting 1-1.5 inches of rain Thursday PM through Friday night. That is a lot of water. It was sunny Thursday AM while I photographed. About 1 PM it looked like the lights were turned out. Those camping please factor that into what goes under your tent. The plastic borrowed on an earlier weekend is in use covering the tractor.

Saturday, AM clouds, PM Sunny, 20% chance of precip, high 55, low 40.
Sunday, partly cloudy, 10% chance of precip, high 52, low 38

That seems pretty good for this time of year here. Looking forward to arrivals.

John, Dolly and the girls.

ic-racer
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
we should just meet at 9 AM, coffee & rolls, do the demo, the show and tell in the morning, have lunch and go to Sylvan pond and Oak Hill in the afternoon. Thoughts on this plan?

I'd love to see the platinum printing. I like the plan, having a set time makes it more feasible to arranging for babysitting.

I'm also in the market for wide angle 8x10 lens, if anyone has anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's new prints and cool gear.

djkloss
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Peter do you want me to dig out the wood light exposure box then? We can set it up on the patio or family room depending on weather, or would you rather have that part in the darkroom?

John

sounds good to me. I'm working till 12:30 then to bank & get gas so hopefully be there by supper. It usually takes me 3 hours if I take into account getting lost ;)

jp80874
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Every now and then we get some indication (89 posts and 1,247 views) that there are people reading these threads who are not the regular attendees. For each event I try to be sure all of APUG knows that if you shoot film and can get here, you are welcome. New ideas and differing experience always make a group grow. If interested please send me a PM for directions. We are roughly five miles south of the intersection of the Ohio Turnpike and Rt. 77, between Cleveland and Akron, Ohio.

John & Dolly Powers,
hosts of these gatherings

jp80874
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Dorothy are you saying you will arrive by supper, Friday or Saturday?

John

Lee L
10-08-2009, 08:33 PM

John
I'm assuming that Dorothy is still with the plans from her post #58 in this thread, i.e. off work on Friday just after noon, plus she indicated interest in the demo Sat morning.

Lee

djkloss
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM

John

That would be Friday evening. I just checked out Google Earth so I think I know where I'm going this time! I'm all packed and ready to go! :D

jp80874
10-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the clarification Dorothy. We are just where we were the last five times. We have to figure out where you are going astray and shorten the drive for you. If you want I will be happy to go over your route with you to see if we can figure out where or how you go off course.

Anyone else going to be here by supper Friday? We don't want to come back with full bellies and find a lonesome someone sitting in the driveway rubbing his tummy looking at the dogs in the window. They would come to dinner but I am not sure who would be fed.

We have had rain, but not had the quantity of rain expected. There is a 100% chance of rain today and 90% tonight. Mostly cloudy Saturday with possible sun in the afternoon. Bring your warmies. Saturday night they are expecting temps in the high 30s.

John

Nicholas Lindan
10-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Although a bit touch-and-go, I should be able to join the group for Saturday at the least.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Thanks for your hospitality, John.

Lee L
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Glad you can make it Nick. Join us for dinner tonight if you can make it.

Lee

Nicholas Lindan
10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Glad you can make it Nick. Join us for dinner tonight if you can make it.

Sorry, can't make it...

ic-racer
10-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I'll be able to make it. I'll bring the Shen Hao and a bunch of new prints to show.

Shawn Dougherty
10-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Missing everyone and hope all is going well! Managed to at least sneak out for sunrise shooting at McConnells Mills with Scott before work this morning so at least the whole weekend isn't a wash... Best. Shawn