PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio Apug Gathering, Fall Color, October 9-11, 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

ic-racer
10-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Let me be the first to thank John for hosting the group again. Peter's demonstration of Platinum printing was great.
I'd like to volunteer to do the next demonstration on lith printing. Again, the technique I use requires only 'standard' chemicals.

Thanks everyone for staying to see my batch of prints; it was cathartic and now I can proceed with new work :)

jp80874
10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I would like to thank Peter Spangenberg for the great platinum printing demo he did this gathering. It was beautifully planned and executed. Everything was understandable. He got fantastic results. Five people want to start printing platinum today.

Peter and I were talking about his doing this prior to the event. He said that each event had something new and different about it, enjoyable, entertaining and educational to all of us. That was why he kept coming back, so he wanted to take a turn at it. For me that sums up, in addition to the camaraderie, what is so good about us getting together. Each one of us brings something to the party. I am looking forward to the next one. Thank you Dale for volunteering for the next one.

John

Lee L
10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Kudos again to Peter for the Pt/Pd demo. It's always much more instructive to see it first hand than to read about it. And thanks as always to John and Dolly for being such accommodating hosts and letting us all crash your weekends with our weird and varied passions.

I enjoyed all the good company as always, and it was nice to meet new participant Bill.

Lee

djkloss
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Thank you John & Dolly for your wonderful hospitality - as always you're the best! And thank you Peter for sharing your platinum demo with us. Wonderful stuff!

I managed to get 8 images (all sheet film) which is a major accomplishment for me. Thanks John for taking us to those precious spots. And thanks Lee for going shooting today with me. It was a great time as always and am looking forward to the next one! It was good seeing everyone. Next time it will only take an hour to get there!

Dorothy....

jp80874
10-11-2009, 05:17 PM
As always we had a great time. We are glad it was contagious. There is a slight coincidence that concerns me. Dorothy was the only one tenting. She had a terrible sounding cough. The temperature this morning dropped into the thirties. Cindy, one of our Labradors, has developed a cough that sounds just like Dorothy’s. Is there any chance….?

John

djkloss
10-11-2009, 07:11 PM
As always we had a great time. We are glad it was contagious. There is a slight coincidence that concerns me. Dorothy was the only one tenting. She had a terrible sounding cough. The temperature this morning dropped into the thirties. Cindy, one of our Labradors, has developed a cough that sounds just like Dorothy’s. Is there any chance….?

John

It couldn't be Chipmunk fur could it? I was really hungry! Or was that Savannah?

Jeff Bannow
10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
It was fun as always. Thanks for putting up with all of us!

jp80874
10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
It couldn't be Chipmunk fur could it? I was really hungry! Or was that Savannah?

No that was Cindy. Good call. Perhaps Chipmunk toenails. There wasn't much fur left on her tribute.

I still have my hopes up that she will scare up another turkey AND bring it back. We saw a family of fifteen (I think) about 200 yards from the entrance to Oak Hill park a couple of weeks ago. I say 15 (I think) because they were moving around so fast within their circle that they were hard to count while passing at 40 mph.

Glad you all could come. We certainly enjoyed it. Thanks Lee for the guided menu tour of the Indian Restaurant. Thanks Jeff & Eva for the home made jelly.

John, Dolly and the girls

djkloss
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
John, I found the name of the publisher for Ed Bernik's book on the Allegheny National Forest. Hope this helps.

http://www.theforestpress.com/people.html

jp80874
10-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks Dorothy.
I'll look into them.

John

ic-racer
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Big, big, thanks to Jeff for the D3 enlarger. I went to set it up for my friend and found it in excellent shape. There wasn't much for me to do :). He should have pictures to show for our next get together.

Jeff Bannow
10-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Big, big, thanks to Jeff for the D3 enlarger. I went to set it up for my friend and found it in excellent shape. There wasn't much for me to do :). He should have pictures to show for our next get together.

Glad it worked out! I take it he found a lens and cone for it? Should be easy to come by otherwise.

ic-racer
10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
We were lucky as the day I went over to see the D3 there were two cones on e-bay. We are looking for a 1" high easel right now, but in the mean time a book will do.
BobNewYork is sending me a surplus Chromega head w/o power supply. If I can fix it and rig that for 120V (and there is a direct replacement bulb out there) I may put that Chromega on the D3 and he will have a state-of-the art diffusion multigrade enlarger courtesy of the APUG community.

This is what it might look like when we finish. Here is a Chromega on a D3, looks like a good combination.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/D3Chromega.jpg

djkloss
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
We were lucky as the day I went over to see the D3 there were two cones on e-bay. We are looking for a 1" high easel right now, but in the mean time a book will do.
BobNewYork is sending me a surplus Chromega head w/o power supply. If I can fix it and rig that for 120V (and there is a direct replacement bulb out there) I may put that Chromega on the D3 and he will have a state-of-the art diffusion multigrade enlarger courtesy of the APUG community.

This is what it might look like when we finish. Here is a Chromega on a D3, looks like a good combination.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/D3Chromega.jpg

did you get a manual with it? If not I have one for the D2. What size easel are you looking for? why 1"?

djkloss
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I found an Indian Restaraunt in Erie. It's called Raj Mahal and apparently they also serve Cuyahoga & Akron area. Is that the one where we went or is that a fancy expensive chain that was having a wedding banquet that night? http://www.rajmahal.us/#

jp80874
10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I found an Indian Restaraunt in Erie. It's called Raj Mahal and apparently they also serve Cuyahoga & Akron area. Is that the one where we went or is that a fancy expensive chain that was having a wedding banquet that night? http://www.rajmahal.us/#

That is the one we went to twice, the less expensive one, next door to the Indian grocery. The cook, also manager of the grocery, maybe the franchise owner, said there were multiple branches, I think headquartered in upstate NY. I think he said there were 22 branches, but I am not really sure. Just talking about it makes me want to go back. I gotta go talk to Dolly. Lee, better check with Barbara. Is this a photography form or the NE OH culinary delights list? Jeff, Eva, what time will you be here? The rest of you missed some g o o d food.

John Powers

Jeff Bannow
10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Is this a photography form or the NE OH culinary delights list?

Well, you know my opinion ... :)

And I recently became aware of the fact that you're near Amish country as well!

djkloss
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
ice cream anyone?

jp80874
10-29-2009, 06:53 AM
And I recently became aware of the fact that you're near Amish country as well!

I thought we kept that hidden from you pretty well. What is it now a year and two months?

Here is the height of irony, an Amish general store, possibly hardware store, with a web site, specializing in non electric living. http://www.lehmans.com/ If that doesn’t send you back to bacon maple ice cream I don’t know what will.

We could have a pilgrimage there or any of the many high percentage of Amish people towns, but there are at least two problems. They stay away from the towns on weekends because the tourists are looking for them. They do not like their pictures taken for religious reasons. I have ethical problems with us violating that religious preference even though I don’t personally agree with it.

John

ic-racer
10-29-2009, 07:24 AM
What size easel are you looking for? why 1"?
Any size easel, 8x10 or 11x14. Shorter easels can easily be propped up to 1".
The autofocus mechanism is calibrated to stay in focus 1" higher than the baseboard.