PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 9 - Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

photobum
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Ghost, Glad you like the print. As you noticed I have made my shipping post office proof. The Postal Service will have to stamp with a 12 ga. shotgun to damage prints now.

Jim

ghostcount
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Jim,

Yes! thanks for the great idea, I will be doing the same thing as mine will be going across the pond - I just need to find some scrap material for the size of my print.

I'm really enjoying the print and it gives me aspirations since I recently acquired an 8x10 last week. Eventually, I hope I can do Pt./Pd. prints as well as you do.

Best,
~ Ghost

Christopher Walrath
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I have concluded my six hour session. Prints going out this week.

Christopher Walrath
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Prints go tomorrow. I'll mark myself off the list. Oh, got a great gift fromLaurent over the weekend. Thank you very much.

No Digital
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I just received a really stunning pt/pd print from Peter Spangenberg. Thank you Peter!
Great! It's the first time I see a REAL pt/pd print, really fantastic.
My print is drying in my darkroom, probably I'll send it next monday.

Christopher Walrath
11-11-2009, 06:44 PM
An update. I have only 14 0f 40 sent, 8 of 40 received and one dropped out thus far. Just a tally.

I marked you down as received, Simone.

Peter Spangenberg
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Simone- I'm thrilled you like the print, and I appreciate your nice comments. I was a little worried about the shipping, so I hope the poster tube worked out.
Take care-Peter

lorirfrommontana
11-13-2009, 12:57 AM
I will send my print out tomorrow.
-Lori

Romary
11-13-2009, 02:54 AM
so I hope the poster tube worked out.
Take care-Peter

The shipping is a worry for all of us I guess.

What is the best pratice?

I hesitate to use a tube like Peter. I put mine in a reinforced envellop (I do not have the vocabulary in English it is reinforced with a sheet of plastic with air bububles). I also put my photographies between two sheets of cardboard.

How did you do?

Laurent
11-13-2009, 03:51 AM
I used a prepaid enveloppe, with an additional cardboard to protect the print. I don't know it safe it's been, but Christopher may tell us how the print was at arrival ?

No Digital
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I was a little worried about the shipping, so I hope the poster tube worked out.
The poster tube worked fine; now the print is between two big books to come back to it's original planarity.
I'll probably send my print mounted on a rigid passepartout plus wrap bubbles to protect it. I never had problems when receiving prints if they are reinforced with something rigid.

lorirfrommontana
11-13-2009, 12:41 PM
I put mine in a cardboard priority envelope with a piece of cardboard. Print is in a poly photo bag. Hope it makes it ok. The one I received was in a manila envelope with the same piece of cardboard, wrapped in a photo bag and it arrived fine. -Lori

djhopscotch
11-14-2009, 07:03 PM
I received two lovely prints from Laurent this week.

Christopher Walrath
11-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I used the same as Laurent and Laurent's prints showed up COMPLETELY unmangled, which leads me to beleive that the US Postal Service must have had NOTHING to do with delivery. ;p

I'll mark you as sent, Lori. I'll mark David as received.

Ken Nadvornick
11-16-2009, 11:26 PM
On the receiving side, I got a very nice print from 'simulatordan'. Thanks, Daniel! He actually arrived last Friday (Nov 13th), but I only returned home to see him yesterday. I now have him set up in a conspicuous location while I, and he, collect our respective thoughts about each other. But like all good new acquaintances, he has already made a very nice first impression.

On the sending side, I spent two days this last weekend making and mounting my print. All that's left is to cut a mat, package, and send it off. Hopefully by this upcoming weekend?

Christopher Walrath
11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I'll check you off, Ken. (As received).

photobum
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I've been involved in eight out of nine blind exchanges. Two of the eight have been damaged. One by DHL and the other by the Post Office. In another exchange on the Large Format forum I was getting back 8 of my own prints in my own packing. Two sheets of 8 ply and two sheets of 4 ply. The idiot postman had to bend these over his knee to fit them in my postal box. He was the part time weekend man. Do not bend stamps all over. He did not care a bit.

Monday morning I was at the boss's office with the package in hand and foaming at the mouth mad. I never saw that post man again. With luck he's now delivering welfare checks in Newark, NJ.

I no longer send out mounted 8x10's. I send 5x7 Pt. prints mounted with plywood sheets as backer board. Let them bend that. The tubes are another good way to go but I like to send a mounted print.

BTW, the Post Office just a reported 3.8 billion loss this year.

mike c
11-18-2009, 12:58 AM
I wonder if we are gonna bale out the post office too.

Christopher Walrath
11-18-2009, 08:29 AM
One prepaid envelope at a time, huh.

KWhitmore
11-18-2009, 11:12 AM
My print is now finished and ready for mounting...sorry for the delay! I should have it in the mail by early next week.

Kathy