PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 9 - Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

KWhitmore
11-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I used a prepaid enveloppe, with an additional cardboard to protect the print. I don't know it safe it's been, but Christopher may tell us how the print was at arrival ?

This is how I usually send mine...except that I use 2 pieces of cardboard around my print which is also mounted/matted. I'll say no more. (fingers and toes crossed) :)

No Digital
11-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Sorry for delay, I just sent my print; allow it 10/14 days to reach it's new home

Christopher Walrath
11-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Well, that makes 17 of 40 sent and ten received with one drop out thus far. Just remember that holidays are coming up so let's see if we can't all get crackin' and have these prints sent by those aforementioned holidays.

I want to thank you all for making my first round as organizer run so well. Can't wait until round ten.

david James lee
11-20-2009, 09:43 AM
ok, mine is printed,mounted and packed. will fedex today to the united states. hope it arrives in good condition!

ghostcount
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I've been involved in eight out of nine blind exchanges. Two of the eight have been damaged. One by DHL and the other by the Post Office. In another exchange on the Large Format forum I was getting back 8 of my own prints in my own packing. Two sheets of 8 ply and two sheets of 4 ply. The idiot postman had to bend these over his knee to fit them in my postal box. He was the part time weekend man. Do not bend stamps all over. He did not care a bit.

Monday morning I was at the boss's office with the package in hand and foaming at the mouth mad. I never saw that post man again. With luck he's now delivering welfare checks in Newark, NJ.

I no longer send out mounted 8x10's. I send 5x7 Pt. prints mounted with plywood sheets as backer board. Let them bend that. The tubes are another good way to go but I like to send a mounted print.

BTW, the Post Office just a reported 3.8 billion loss this year.

I can vouch for photobum's method. I received his wonderful print in solid condition, no way the print will ever get damage unless it was intentional.

sage
11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I recieved mine from Bill, it's in perfect condition, just need to flatten it out in a press from the tube. Thanks Bill, it looks great. :)

Christopher Walrath
11-20-2009, 08:30 PM
David, Greg, thanks for the updates.

jbridges
11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Mailed mine Thursday.

Roger Thoms
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Toned mine today, sorry for the delay. Once they are flattened I'll mail it out. Wednesday at the latest.

Roger

simulatordan
11-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Hello Ken,

Thank you for your comments on my print. I hope I can keep the standard up in subsequent rounds.

Regards Daniel

simulatordan
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Hello Chris,

Your 2 prints arrived while I was away for a few days. I thought the 'Ice Patterns' and 'Needles and Cones' were both very interesting. I like the abstract images very much; also the different formats gave me food for thought. Well seen, well thought out, and well printed.

Thank you and regards to you and yours

Daniel

karl burke
11-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Randy, I got your 2 prints last Friday and what a nice pair they make - I'm looking forward to framing them. The waterfalls are particularly appropriate given the serious flooding over here in the last 4 days !

Also, the packing was a lesson in itself - plastic sleeves within plastic sleeves, card board stiffeners, and a plank of wood !

I hope (finally) to get my own print posted off this week.

Christopher Walrath
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
An update. So far we have 20 sent to their assigned recipient. Those being the following:

bill williams
rlibersky
lorirfrommontana
David William White
Christopher Walrath
simulatordan
Thomas Moraitis
Laurent
Romary
AFlood
AshenLight
Peter Spangenberg
No Digital
jbridges
calceman
photomem
david James lee
Paul Cocklin
photobum
ghostcount

We also have 13 received from their assigned sender. Those being the following.

sage
lorirfrommontana
L Gebhardt
simulatordan
Ken Nadvornick
djhopscotch
MattKing
No Digital
photomem
jglass
photobum
ghostcount
karl burke

If you do not find yourself on these lists and have either sent or received, please let me know so I can update the list. I am guessing a few more have received than have posted here. So just bear in mind a mention.

Christopher Walrath
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Hello Chris,

Your 2 prints arrived while I was away for a few days. I thought the 'Ice Patterns' and 'Needles and Cones' were both very interesting. I like the abstract images very much; also the different formats gave me food for thought. Well seen, well thought out, and well printed.

Thank you and regards to you and yours

Daniel

Dan, I'm glad you liked the prints I sent. I don't recall whether or not I mention the reason for the print dimensions. The negs were shot in 35mm. I wanted to print the entire negative as it was all considered in making the image. I toyed with cropping both photographs. However, in doing so, both prints would have suffered from incomplete information so I deemed the 'off' print size of 6 3/8 x 9 1/2 on 8x10 paper necessary to convey the complete picture, as it were. Again, I'm glad you liked them.

ghostcount
11-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Randy, I got your 2 prints last Friday and what a nice pair they make - I'm looking forward to framing them. The waterfalls are particularly appropriate given the serious flooding over here in the last 4 days !

Also, the packing was a lesson in itself - plastic sleeves within plastic sleeves, card board stiffeners, and a plank of wood !

I hope (finally) to get my own print posted off this week.

Karl,

I'm glad you liked the prints, I hope it doesn't ruin your day(s) by being reminded of the recent floods. :( The plank of wood was courtesy of photobum. :p I'm glad it got there safely.

Best,
ghost

Paul Cocklin
11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
ok, mine is printed,mounted and packed. will fedex today to the united states. hope it arrives in good condition!

I got home from work tonight and lo and behold I received a beautiful print that showed up in fine condition, David. Thanks so much, it's quite a beautiful print of a very interesting subject, and well approached.

I'll be proud to put this on my wall of print exchange prints! Thanks again!

Paul

jglass
11-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I mailed my print on Saturday, un-mounted, sandwiched btw cardboard and in a bubblewrap mailer. It's going across the border so I am interested to see how it arrives.

Roger Thoms
11-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I received a very nice print from John Bridges yesterday. Skyline #3 a gorgeous 4x4 inch print that has a clean geometric shape and foreboding cloud cover with the sun just poking through. Really like the image and am now debating on how to matt and frame it.

Roger

delphine
11-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Update after a long silence. I have not yet received a print, and I have not yet sent mine out :( I had done the work print yesterday which I was very happy with but my water pump decided to die overnight, it will be replaced next week.... in the meantime no hot/cold water in the flat. :rolleyes: So I should be sending my print out the week after next.
All my apologises for the delay, but really, it is a very (expensive !) unforseen event.

Best to all,

Delphine

Christopher Walrath
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
All my apologises for the delay, but really, it is a very (expensive !) unforseen event.

Delphine

None necessary. Thank you for the update.