PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 9 - Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

lorirfrommontana
12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
My print was sent some time ago. Hope it reached it's destination. If not I can do another.
Lori Ryan

Christopher Walrath
12-09-2009, 12:52 PM
BirgerA; sage; rwyoung; L Gebhardt; Pasto; shotgun1a; djhopscotch; markrewald; JohnRichard; mckenna; bhamartist; KWhitmore; karl burke; delphine

bill williams; BirgerA; rwyoung; rlibersky; Christopher Walrath; David William White; Thomas Moraitis; Laurent; shotgun1a; Romary; markrewald; AFlood; JohnRichard; AshenLight; mike c; Peter Spangenberg; mckenna; jbridges; bhamartist; calceman; KWhitmore; Jarvman; delphine; david James lee

To explain. I have a list of all of the participants. As someone states they send a print I mark an 'S' next to their name. As someone states they have received a print I mark an 'R' next to their name. If you name is on the 'Not Sent List' (1st) or the 'Not Received List' (2nd) then this means I have not marked you as such. If you are not on the list then I take it you have either sent or received a print as the case may be. So Mike, Lori, Thomas, you are not on the first list. I have you marked as 'Sent'. Thomas and Mike are on the second list. This indicates you have not received a print. Lori is not on that list which indicates she has.

Hope that clouds it up for ya. ;p

mike c
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Roger that Chris.

AshenLight
12-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Chris,

The carrier (post office or UPS, I forget) stated that the package was delivered to the address provided but the recipient hasn't acknowledged the delivery. If it didn't get there, I need to find out what happened.

Ash

Christopher Walrath
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm on it.

jglass
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your hard work on this. Just fyi, I definitely sent a print to a person on the "has not received a print" list. I sent it on Nov. 21. Although it does cross a border, seems like it should have arrived by now.

Jeff Glass

Pasto
12-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Chris, just to let you know I received a print from Thomas Moraitis, and a beauty it is! I have been unable to print in the last 5-6 weeks because of a problem with varying light output from my enlarger. I could not get consistent exposures. I discovered this while printing for the postcard exchange. The power supply is being checked out now by an electrician. I apologize for the delay.

Luigi

Thomas Moraitis
12-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Hi Chris, just to let you know I received a print from Thomas Moraitis, and a beauty it is! I have been unable to print in the last 5-6 weeks because of a problem with varying light output from my enlarger. I could not get consistent exposures. I discovered this while printing for the postcard exchange. The power supply is being checked out now by an electrician. I apologize for the delay.

Luigi

Thanks. I'm glad it finally arrived and even more glad that you liked it.

Christopher Walrath
12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I took you off the list, Louie.

Christopher Walrath
12-13-2009, 10:45 PM
OK. I have sent a PM to all on these lists. I have already received a few responses. Some merely did not mention here on the thread they had sent/recv'd. Some intimated that it might be a couple weeks before anything happened. Anywhere, I have a better idea on where we stand.

Here's the revised list as of Sun. 13 Dec 2009 at 11PM EST.

Not sent: (13)
bhamartist
BirgerA
delphine
djhopscotch
JohnRichard
karl burke
KWhitmore
LGebhardt
markrewald
Pasto
rwyoung
sage
shotgun1a

Not received: (22)
AFlood
AshenLight
bhamartist
bill williams
BirgerA
calceman
Christopher Walrath
david James lee
David William White
delphine
Jarvman
jbridges
JohnRichard
KWhitmore
Laurent
markrewald
mike c
Peter Spangenberg
rlibersky
Romary
shotgun1a
Thomas Moraitis

One thing I must ask. If you have not sent your print by the beginning of the next signup period (Jan 1-31) then refrain from signing up until you get your print off. The holidays are upon us and I don't expect much to get done during our busy schedules. So, just get it when you can and let me know when you do.

Happy Holidays.
Round 10 is comin' right up.

AFlood
12-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Sorry Christopher I have been away and very busy for a little while so havent been able to post on here. I have received two nice prints from John Young (I don't know what your username is!) The one of the foliage and garden bucket is particularily nice.

Thankyou.

Christopher Walrath
12-14-2009, 09:35 PM
That's John Richard. I have marked that transaction off. For those who have not received. I have been in contact with a few of the senders and things are definitely moving along. Some might carry the holidays. Some are on the way. Don't want to spoil it for some but suffice it to say that we are on top of things. At this point we have half of us as confirmed received. Only 13 not sent yet but, as stated, on their way.

delphine
12-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Dear all,

I dropped my print in the post this morning. It takes 3 to 5 working days, so hopefully, the recipient receives it before Christmas.

I hope that I was generous enough with the bubble wrap.

Best

Delphine

PS: I still have not received my print yet.

calceman
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
I received a lovely xmas print from Roger (rtbadman). I would like to thank the organizer as well as the senders to make all of us, receivers, happy to be part of the analogue community. Happy xmas to all!

KWhitmore
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Print is sent.

Christopher Walrath
12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, thirty sent. Out of forty. Some I had missed. Some are new developments (no pun intended, well yes it was!). But this is great.

Roger Thoms
12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
OK. I have sent a PM to all on these lists. I have already received a few responses. Some merely did not mention here on the thread they had sent/recv'd. Some intimated that it might be a couple weeks before anything happened. Anywhere, I have a better idea on where we stand.

Here's the revised list as of Sun. 13 Dec 2009 at 11PM EST.

Not sent: (13)
bhamartist
BirgerA
delphine
djhopscotch
JohnRichard
karl burke
KWhitmore
LGebhardt
markrewald
Pasto
rwyoung
sage
shotgun1a

Not received: (22)
AFlood
AshenLight
bhamartist
bill williams
BirgerA
calceman
Christopher Walrath
david James lee
David William White
delphine
Jarvman
jbridges
JohnRichard
KWhitmore
Laurent
markrewald
mike c
Peter Spangenberg
rlibersky
Romary
shotgun1a
Thomas Moraitis

One thing I must ask. If you have not sent your print by the beginning of the next signup period (Jan 1-31) then refrain from signing up until you get your print off. The holidays are upon us and I don't expect much to get done during our busy schedules. So, just get it when you can and let me know when you do.

Happy Holidays.
Round 10 is comin' right up.

Just a quick update, I should be on the not received list. Also glad to here that my print made it to Norway.
Roger

JohnRichard
12-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't know if I forgot to post or not, but the prints I received were simply amazing. It makes the prints I sent out look like some of my high school work. I have them at the framers now. I am totally blown away.
Now I feel as if I need to practice, this very minute!

MattKing
12-21-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't know if I forgot to post or not, but the prints I received were simply amazing. It makes the prints I sent out look like some of my high school work. I have them at the framers now. I am totally blown away.
Now I feel as if I need to practice, this very minute!

John:

Glad you liked the prints.

I'm assuming that they got to you undamaged - that's the first time I've tried using a "mailing tube" ;) and was wondering whether it worked out well.

Out of curiosity, did you record what date they arrived. I'm curious how long the respective postal systems/customs departments had them in their hands.

Matt

Peter Spangenberg
12-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Just received three (I feel guilty only sending one) very nice prints from McKenna. I appreciate your information as well- I'm going to have to try semi-stand development--particularly nice with the Acros 100. Thanks so much, and thanks to Chris W. for the time invested in making the exchange work.
Peter