PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 9 - Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Christopher Walrath
01-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Posted wirelessly..

No problem, Birger. Thanks for advising.

Christopher Walrath
01-23-2010, 10:53 AM
We are down to only three not sent yet. I have assurances but no verifications. rwyoung, sage, shotgun1a

sage
01-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Quick question, I was just about to get mine to the post office, but I noticed the address I am sending to and the person I have gotten one from are different, is that correct?

Roger Thoms
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes that is correct.

Roger

Christopher Walrath
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
I had updated the info thread but I think I will make a seperate FAQ thread as well. But, yes, Greg. Your eceive from one and send to another.

sage
02-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Ok, Sent mine out along the way to the doctors again, so you should get it soon.

Christopher Walrath
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Only two not sent. We're getting there. WOO HOO!!!!!

delphine
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Have all the prints been sent out? I still have not received a print :rolleyes:

Laurent
02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Have all the prints been sent out? I still have not received a print :rolleyes:

You're not alone Delphine !!!

Christopher Walrath
02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
OK. PM's sent. The senders that have not sent (as far as I know) have been instructed to either get something out promptly or to forward their received prints on to their assigned recipients. Things should be shored up soon. Thank you all for your patience.

sage
02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
do you know if mine was received?

Christopher Walrath
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Will find out shortly.

Christopher Walrath
03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I need to know who has not received a print(s), aside from Laurent? Are we done yet? I don't hear things.

delphine
03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Dear all, I received a print a couple of days ago, wrapped in a corn flakes box, unfortunately without the name of the sender.
Thank you for managing to send this lovely print despite a busy schedule at college. The print is really nice, unfortunately the corn flakes box was a bit too flexible and did not manage to protect well the print. But I can still appreciate the lovely texture of the paper, and the effort in the printing. An unusual landscape.

Thank you

Delphine

sage
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Did you ever find out if mine made it?

David William White
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I'd take a corn flakes box, at this point...:)

Christopher Walrath
03-22-2010, 08:19 PM
It appears we now have to senders who have not yet sent prints. I have communicated with those who have not received prints. One of their senders has not even logged on to APUG since Jan 7 2010. Very unlike him as he was a very involved subscriber. I have not heard word from him at all, even through direct emails. We can only hope that it is nothing serious. The other, through various searches, has apparently moved recently and, again, has not logged on for about three months. I am hoping that these to are fine and that they will eventually get back on here and fulfill their commitments. I think we need to chalk these up to a sort of 'act of God' kind of thing and move on.

This round is currently closed.

Jarvman
03-23-2010, 08:14 AM
That was my print Delphine. Sorry it never made it intact :-( Royal Mail lost the first one I sent and now this! How bad is it? I'll be sure to use more rigid card next time. It should have got to you in pristine condition after the wait you endured. I'll send another if you like. Apologies again.

Roger Thoms
03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm not feeling so bad about the added cost of mailing my prints backed by a piece of 4 ply mat board sandwiched between two layers of heavy illustration board and then placed in a card board envelope. I am considering mailing tubes next time, as the tubes seem quite strong and lightweight.

Roger

Laurent
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Wow ! What a week !

My wife told me this morning that a package similar to the print I received for round 10 had been delivered, and I thought it could be a mistake... In fact, I received a gorgeous print from Roger Thoms, who was kind enough to volunteer for sending me a print instead of the planned sender !

The print is, well, gorgeous (I LOVE close ups of mechanic details, and this low key of a tyre is a wonder). Both the subject, the shot and the print are lovely, and the surprise on top of this really made my day !

Many thanks Roger for this !!!!