PDA

View Full Version : Lith Print Exchange Round 5.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mooseontheloose
12-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Received Mark's print today -- who knew motor oil could look so good? I like the lines in image, and the out of focus doorway in the background is a nice echo to the oil bottles. Great colour and grittiness also. Thanks Mark.

My prints are done -- I finished them this past weekend, they're just currently being flattened and should be out by the end of this week or early next week.

thefizz
12-03-2009, 03:22 AM
I also made my prints last night and will be posting them by the weekend.

Paul Cocklin
12-03-2009, 10:15 AM
I've been horribly busy with work but I've got the prints done, I just need to get packaging to send them overseas. Mine should go out in the next few days.

Mark Fisher
12-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Received Martin's print yesterday. It was a little odd because it is the same paper and general subject matter I chose. Wonderful print.....nice composition and printing. Thanks!

martinhughesireland
12-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Received Marks print this week. A lovely lith print very well printed. I like the subject matter, I agree with Rachelle "who knew motor oil could look so good?"

Was interesting in that Mark used the same paper as myself. The lith developers were different though which was interesting. Thanks for the print Mark very happy with it

Martin

Paul Cocklin
12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Ok! All three of mine just went to different corners of Europe today. The post office tells me 5 to 10 business days. We'll see.

Paul

mooseontheloose
12-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Martin -- just received your print today. It took me a while to figure out which way was up, ironic considering the snow we just got outside. I really like it, like Mark's, it has a nice subtle colour and really gritty tones.

Mine are going out tomorrow -- I promise! Organizing this move has been a nightmare but the good thing is that it is forcing my hand at many things. Anyway, my paper and developer (and thus, colour) are both different than yours and Mark's, so it'll be a nice variety this round.

thefizz
12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I received my print from Jimi (Jerevan) today and must say I like it a lot. Lovely tone and texture but I'd love to know what camera, paper & developer etc. were used as there is no information included.

Thanks Jimi.

Jerevan
12-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks, Peter!

Good to know that you liked it - I was a bit worried when I had sealed the envelope and put in the mailbox. About time then, eh? :)

However, I am sorry I was in such a hurry that I missed the vital information:

Coffeetime

Nikon F2 with 50/2, Ilford HP5+ at 400 souped in Xtol 1+1, then printed on Foma Fomatone Chamois 542-II matt in Moersch Easylith 30 ml A + 30 ml B + 900 ml water at 25 degrees Celsius to start with. Developing time was around 4.30 minutes (don't have the notes here). Your print was the second out of the developer. The print is untoned. Craziest paper I have ever seen. Not for the faint of heart.

The photo was taken by the back entrance of a local indepent cinema, two blocks from the darkroom where I printed it.

thefizz
12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks Jimi, its nice to have some info on the type of paper & lith developer. Looks like a nice combination.

Thanks again,
Peter

thefizz
12-14-2009, 08:27 AM
I received Paul's print today. Its a really nice image, what paper is it?

Thanks so much.
Peter

Paul Cocklin
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Peter, it's fotospeed Lith paper, which I'm not sure is still sold in that size, but I've got a couple of 100 ct. boxes still. I just checked the mail and found a wonderful surprise! Two beautiful prints, one from you, Peter (love the image, the trees seem to glow with life!) and a really cool print from Jimi of a street cafe table and chairs. Thanks so much to both of you, I'm running out of room on my wall with all these exchanges, but I'll find space somewhere for both of them.

It's great to see what others are doing with lith. Thanks!

Paul

Angelo di Mango
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi Jimi( Jerevan) and Peter the Fizz),
I received your prints this weekend on the same day.
Peter asked Jimi some info about his picture , I was about to do the same...
I sent mine on saturday so you should get them soon.
I really like the picture of the forest, there is a great atmosphere in it .The picture of the sky and clouds with a graduated sky is interesting too. Anyway thank you to the two of you. I am now waiting for Paul' s picture..
Angelo

Mark Fisher
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Received Mark's print today -- who knew motor oil could look so good? I like the lines in image, and the out of focus doorway in the background is a nice echo to the oil bottles. Great colour and grittiness also. Thanks Mark.

My prints are done -- I finished them this past weekend, they're just currently being flattened and should be out by the end of this week or early next week.

Fantastic print. The range of tones, lighting, composition....they all work nicely. This is one of the best lith prints I've seen.

Thanks -- Mark

mooseontheloose
12-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks Mark -- every print came out differently, especially the colours on the wall. It was hard to choose which ones to send. I'll post them as soon as I get settled once I'm back in the bone-chilling cold of Manitoba. ;-)

thefizz
12-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I received Angelo's print today.

I love the grain, texture and colour, superbly printed.

Thanks Angelo.

Regards,
Peter

martinhughesireland
12-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks Mark -- every print came out differently, especially the colours on the wall. It was hard to choose which ones to send. I'll post them as soon as I get settled once I'm back in the bone-chilling cold of Manitoba. ;-)

I received your print this week Rachelle. Have to say absolutelly lovely. Very well printed.
After seeing yourself and Marks prints I think I should have practiced a bit more with mine. Again thanks to you both for the lovelly prints well done

Martin

Paul Cocklin
12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
I received Angelo's print today, what a great Xmas present! Angelo, I love it! Great color and tone to it, and the trees just seem to glow! Thanks so much, I've got a 12x12 frame that I can now put to good use.
Thanks again!
Paul

thefizz
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
As far as I know groups 1 & 3 have completed their exchanges but I have not heard anything from group 2 which includes:

eduardomolina
laparn
Andrey.Gorshkov
jbridges

Any updates?

Jerevan
01-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Hi Jimi( Jerevan) and Peter the Fizz),
I received your prints this weekend on the same day.
Peter asked Jimi some info about his picture , I was about to do the same...

A bit late in reply, but regarding your print, Angelo:

Cloudscape was made on Foma Fomatone MG Chamois. It was exposed for 90,5 seconds (I used a Stopclock Pro, that's why the time is so exact) on f/stop 11. After that it was developed in Moersch Easylith 30 ml A + 30 ml B + 900 ml water in about 25 degrees for 5 minutes (5.10 to be more exact). The print is untoned.

As for your the print you sent me Angelo - it was a nice surprise! Quite daring, with the out of focus flowers. However, it stays in the heart after viewing it, so yes, I love it. Although I could never figure out what you meant by a mountain in the photo... :)