PDA

View Full Version : APUG IRISH GROUP GET-TOGETHER 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

monosnaps
03-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Sorry you missed it Sinead, its a good distance for you to travel for a couple of hours. Hopefully you can make the next one which we agreed provisionally for September. We had nine photographers in total with some nice work on display, images made from toy cameras right up to 5*4. Lots of useful information and knowledge shared. Good to see everyone again and nice to meet Mark and Rafal for the first time.

Vincent Brady
03-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Sorry you missed it Sinead, its a good distance for you to travel for a couple of hours. Hopefully you can make the next one which we agreed provisionally for September. We had nine photographers in total with some nice work on display, images made from toy cameras right up to 5*4. Lots of useful information and knowledge shared. Good to see everyone again and nice to meet Mark and Rafal for the first time.

It was a most enjoyable afternoon and I hope everyone was pleased with the showing and the question and answer session which followed. Hopefully we might have an even bigger turnout for our next meeting.

Cheers
Vincent

dustfree
03-28-2010, 09:46 AM
yes really enjoyed the afternoon too, i think the room in dcc is a pretty good spot with the big table to sit around and the shelving space for the photos, so thanks vincent for sorting that out:)

thefizz
03-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes well done Vincent on the venue. It was an enjoyable few hours with a great variety of prints on show.

martinhughesireland
03-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I really enjoyed the afternoon also, all different sorts of pictures and formats which was great. Using the shelves I think was a great idea. Great venue, nice to have a room to ourselves. Thanks Vincent for organising

MOPS
03-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Great afternoon I thought, well done TEX. Great to see all again. (September...mmm...bit of time to get ready)

Brian

Rafal Lukawiecki
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM
It was fun - thanks for arranging this meeting. Thanks for your lovely comments and suggestions.

I look forward to the next outing or a meeting.

Rafal

monosnaps
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
My suggestion of September meet up is a long way off so maybe we might arrange a mini outing for June, with holidays it won't suit everybody. Any ideas.

dustfree
04-09-2010, 09:16 AM
good idea, i'd be up for that too. maybe not too far away? what about the seaside or up the wicklow way? :) june

thefizz
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I'll go if I can but we've done Wicklow twice in recent years so would prefer somewhere new, but I'm sure there are lots of good places in Wicklow I don't know about.

Vincent Brady
04-09-2010, 03:22 PM
I was thinking about Portlaoise, there's a motorway the whole way down and we can rope in Fintan to act as our guide to the local beauty spots.

TEX

dustfree
04-12-2010, 06:13 AM
or what about Castletown Estate here in Celbridge, river, woods, big house, loads of little hidden and not so hidden historic monuments, there's rumours of a pet's graveyard also but I've never managed to find it and trees, lots and lots of trees! june

thefizz
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Both of those suggestions sound good to me.

martinhughesireland
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
June: loads of little hidden and not so hidden historic monuments

Anywhere I can shoot off a few roles of infrared film is always good for me, sounds good...

monosnaps
04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
That's a good idea on the Infrared what about some of those old castles around Meath that Martin and Peter have photographed.

I like the look of this place,

http://www.monochromemeath.com/photo_1908926.html

martinhughesireland
04-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Thats Carrickdexter. Its a nice castle to photograph. Very nice Barn Owl inside it also...

Its about a 15 minute walk to the castle from the road. Last time i was there I was politely asked to finish taking pictures and leave. I think we should be ok visiting it though:-)

Within a 10 minutes drive there are two other locations that I visit as they are very near to me. See pictures below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinhughes/4486339450/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinhughes/2758134378/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinhughes/3433384163/sizes/o/

thefizz
04-14-2010, 08:41 AM
We did Trim Castle, Dunmoe Castle (Martin's second pic) and Bective Abbey on a previous apug day out in Meath. While it would be so handy for me to do Meath locations again, I'd rather try somewhere new. June's suggestion of Castletown Estate sounds interesting so my vote goes for that. But I'll be happy to go with the majority :)

Peter

dustfree
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
also I can even supply a map of the Castledown Demesne which shows where all the interesting places are..........you'll want me to take the photos for ye next :) only messing!

thefizz
04-23-2010, 08:41 AM
So whats happening, are we happy with Castletown Estate?

Vincent Brady
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
So whats happening, are we happy with Castletown Estate?

Castletown Estate is fine by me. I'll get the train to Celbridge and hopefully someone can collect me at the station. So are there any more members happy with the venue and can we pick a date?