PDA

View Full Version : APUG IRISH GROUP GET-TOGETHER 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

MOPS
04-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Castletown sounds fine to me also, never been there so I'll await with baited breath...Brian:

thefizz
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
And it will be June's fault if its no good :D

dustfree
04-26-2010, 07:07 AM
that's great! I personally am free all the weekends in June at the moment so will go with whatever majority decision date is suggested. btw Vincent, will be happy to collect you from the station, we can arrange that closer to the time if you like. will sort out the map situation nearer the time too so everybody knows exactly what's out there, June

thefizz
04-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I should be free any Saturday except 19th June.

deisenlord
04-26-2010, 07:30 AM
fyi,

I'm going to have a show of the Gum Platinum work from my Sirius residency this June. Looks like it will open Thursday the 3rd and run though July 4th. I plan on being around Cobh for the 1st week of June then heading up to the Burren and Connemara for a week of shooting.

Ike
www.davideisenlord.com

thefizz
04-26-2010, 07:35 AM
fyi,

I'm going to have a show of the Gum Platinum work from my Sirius residency this June. Looks like it will open Thursday the 3rd and run though July 4th. I plan on being around Cobh for the 1st week of June then heading up to the Burren and Connemara for a week of shooting.

Ike
www.davideisenlord.com

Thats a show I'd love to see. Best of luck with it.

Peter

Vincent Brady
04-26-2010, 08:14 AM
fyi,

Ike
www.davideisenlord.com

Hi David,

Is your exhibition in Cobh and if so where abouts? The Burren and Connemara are a photographers paradise, someone once wrote taking good photo's there is like shooting fish in a barrel, of course you still need good light. Good luck on your trip.

Cheers
Vincent

deisenlord
04-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Vincent,
The show is at the Sirius Art Centre in Cobh right on the harbor.

http://www.iol.ie/~cobharts/

Ike

Vincent Brady
04-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Vincent,
The show is at the Sirius Art Centre in Cobh right on the harbor.

http://www.iol.ie/~cobharts/

Ike

Thanks David, because I work for the railways and have free travel I'll make every efford to visit your exhibition.

vincent

deisenlord
04-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Very cool, Sirius is about a 1 min walk from the train station in Cobh!

monosnaps
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Check the opening times in advance , last time I was down made one or two attempts to get in for an exhibition but it was closed each time I arrived. David, the work looks stunning I wish you every success.

dustfree
04-28-2010, 05:18 PM
just checked my own diary and realise i am not free on the 5th of June, so any saturday except that one.......june

James Shelley
05-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Hi all,

Just catching up on what's going on.

Warning on Castletown for the moment. I was accross there recently, there is a lot of civil engineering works going on at present to improve land drainage or sewage (or something) and a large amount of scaffolding and boarding up on the outside. It still leaves parts of the woods, driveways and parts of the river available for images , but for first time visitors - it may not stack up to grandeur as maybe expected. Close in shots of some of the details still perfectly achievable, landscapes limited.

That said - restaurant is open, still a worthy location - just thought you might want the forwarnings.

I couldn't make the last meet, hope to make this one if I can.
J..

dustfree
05-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi all, I was up in Castletown today and the scaffolding/works is mainly around the area at the top of the drive, still dredging the lower lake. They're also refurbishing the stables to the right of the house. Everything else is open for business, the river walk is open again from the gates to beyond Batty Langley Lodge, loads of dog walkers, fishermen and, of course, trees........ It seems June 12th and 26th are the best dates so far. By the way, no money has changed hands so I don't mind if another place is suggested and chosen:):)june

thefizz
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I am now free on the 19th so any Saturday except the bank holiday weekend suits me.

James Shelley
05-09-2010, 03:16 AM
12th is preferred, but don't hold back if another date suits the group better.

J..

thefizz
05-11-2010, 03:40 AM
12th is ok for me also.

I think that's June, James & me confirmed for that date, what about the rest of ye?

Vincent Brady
05-11-2010, 04:01 AM
12th is ok for me also.

I think that's June, James & me confirmed for that date, what about the rest of ye?

You can count me in for 12th June, looking forward to it already.

Cheers
TEX

dustfree
05-11-2010, 05:06 AM
yep the 12th def suits me, looking forward to meeting up, june

MOPS
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
yep the 12th def suits me, looking forward to meeting up, june

12th suits me also. All we need now is the weather to behave itself...Brian :)