PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange, Round 10, Jan 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

singerb
01-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Just received a lovely 5x7 Pt/Pd print from Tony; came perfectly in the mail, and looks great. All of these will be the first non-cyanotype alt process prints I've seen in person, so I'm looking forward to studying them all.

adamc
01-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I recieved my VDB from Cezar on Friday, 1/22. It's very nice with lovely tones. Thank you Cezar.
I especially enjoyed the note telling us your process. It was a nice addition and I ended up doing the same.

Also, I just got back from the post office and sent out my prints to all corners of the globe, hope you enjoy!

Adam

colrehogan
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I received a very nice image from Cesar in today's mail. I will be a bit behind since I was out of town for a week.

coriana6jp
02-01-2010, 12:45 AM
I am getting ready to ship later this week. I am running behind as usual.

Gary

piticu
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I've received a very nicely presented VDB from Adam. If it's ok with him i'd like to post a scan

rst
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
So far I got two nice little gems from Adam and Cezar. I like them. Thanks guys.

As far as my prints go ... I will print this night and hope to get them to the mail this week. I know I am a bit late.

Cheers
Ruediger

colrehogan
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh, I did receive a print from Adam, I forgot to post here.

piticu
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Adam was kind to let me post a scan of his print, so here we go:

piticu
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Also, i got a small question for Adam: you said you preacoated the paper (Lana Aquarelle) with 10% oxalic acid. What is the purpose of this coat? I apologize for my ignorance.

adamc
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
I believe the instructions that came with the paper, from Bostick & Sullivan, reccommended a 10% oxalic acid precoat. I did some tests and got slightly higher contrast images with the precoated paper. I'm still a beginner though, so if anybody has tips please let me know.

piticu
02-02-2010, 07:44 AM
I did a little research and find out that the oxalic acid preacoat helps neutralizing the calcium carbonate used as buffer in the paper. If the paper has no buffer there is no need to precoat it :)
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/33139-vandyke-printing-problems-3.html#post385273

sly
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I recieved Benedict's cyanotype yesterday. The converging lines of the pipe and the pier lend interest to the image. It did arrive a bit crumpled, but I think it will flatten if I wet it and squish under books when dry.

I got my prints into the mail today. Let me know when they arrive. The one to Kamloops should only be a couple of days.

singerb
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I recieved Benedict's cyanotype yesterday. The converging lines of the pipe and the pier lend interest to the image. It did arrive a bit crumpled, but I think it will flatten if I wet it and squish under books when dry.

I got my prints into the mail today. Let me know when they arrive. The one to Kamloops should only be a couple of days.

Glad it arrived relatively safely; sorry about the crumpling. I'll try and find some cardboard next time I mail prints; this was my first time doing it. Should be straightforward to flatten though, as you say.

Tony Egan
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Also received Ben's cyanotype print last Friday. Coincidentally, I drove through Pacifica in November last year during a trip to the US. It was a rainy and foggy day so I missed out on seeing the pier!

rst
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
@group 1: My prints are done and packaged and they will go out tomorrow. I hope you like them.

Cheers
Ruediger

TheFlyingCamera
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
It's taking a little longer than expected for me to print, but I have some worthy images now. My darkroom is hovering around 50 degrees F, and the humidity is down below 25%, so my normal 6.5 minute platinum print now takes 20 to expose.

singerb
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Got Lillian's lovely Pt/Pd print in the mail today. Between this and Tony's print you all are seriously tempting me with this process! Stop making such nice prints!

:-)

Tony Egan
02-12-2010, 01:24 AM
I got Lillian's beautiful photograph in the mail today. Splendid composition and luscious skin tones through a gum over platinum finish. It's a real pleasure to open the mail and look at something which is so good for the soul!

adamc
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I recieved my beautiful print from Ruediger yesterday, it was such a joy to find in my mailbox.
Very well done Ruediger! I hope to be able create prints of this caliber someday.

Adam

colrehogan
02-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I also received Ruediger's print in the mail. I do apologize for being so late to get my print out this time. :o:o:o I am working my way through developing when I'm not working at night (it's the real busy time at work at the moment). :rolleyes: I will post back here when I send out the print. :D