PDA

View Full Version : A day shooting in Carlingford in December.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

martinhughesireland
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll be there for nine. If its not raining i'll be along earlier.... PM'd you my number Peter

jessthespringer
12-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks very much to Peter for organising today, was lovely to meet your family. (hope you made it into Newry for a bit of shopping :p) Very nice to meet Eddie and Vincent (who shared with me his love of pinholes!) too, and good to too Martin and George out as well.

Sinead

seoirse
12-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes Peter, well done . Hope yourself Esther and the little one got home safely?

Also thanks to Martin for showing us the tree location. There is so much potential for further images in that one field alone.

Eddie and Vincent seemed to enjoy themselves no end...and as for Sinead...well she enjoys any excuse to get the camera out.

Pity that June, Anthony, Fintan and Hugh weren't able to be there. You would have loved the location.

Maybe next time.

Regards,
G.

Vincent Brady
12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Sitting in my hotel bedroom last night watching the weather forecast was very disheartening. It looked as if our day was ruined before it had even started. But once again Mother Nature was kind to us and gave us a few hours of shooting. To think that 6 of us showed up is most encouraging for a continuation of our little get togethers whether it be for shooting session or a print showing. I can see us having 1 or 2 of each per year without really extending ourselves. So with that in mind I will start a new tread after Christmas for a print showing.
But before departing this tread can I join with others in thanking Peter for the idea and Happy Christmas to yourself and Esther and baby Kelly. Nice meeting you Sinead and here's hoping our print showing day will suit all.
Cheers
TEX

monosnaps
12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Great day, loved all the locations and the good company, everything perfect and the sun appearing by appointment. 3 rolls sitting awaiting development, hope to do one tonight. See you all after Christmas.

thefizz
12-05-2009, 04:34 PM
It was great to finally meet Sinead & George and the weather was very good after all. It was an enjoyable day and I'm looking forward to the next one already.

martinhughesireland
12-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Was a nice day out with the camera. Was nice to meet you all again. Thanksfully the rain stayed away. Will try to dev a role or two over the next few days. All the best
M

Fintan
12-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Glad you guys all enjoyed it, I'll try to get up over the Christmas break myself. And thanks to all who sent me good wishes.

Cheers,

Fintan

Vincent Brady
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Have just developed my last roll of film from Carlingford that ran into Christmas. Now if only I can get myself motivated to work in my darkroom.

thefizz
01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
That's not so bad Vincent, I haven't developed any film from that day yet :rolleyes:

martinhughesireland
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Yee lazy gits, I have made two nice lith prints from the day, mounted and all:-)

Vincent Brady
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Yee lazy gits, I have made two nice lith prints from the day, mounted and all:-)

Ah Martin, obviously you don't understand the workings of film like Peter and myself. When film has been exposed to light, the silver halides go crazy and rush around all over the place. It takes time for them to settle down again and this is why Peter and myself allow time for it to mature with its latent image before we subject it to chemical baths.
The resulting images speak for themselves, strong ,mature and manly. I'll not pass judgement on your work but surely you don't expect them to be in the same league as ours.

Cheers
Vincent

monosnaps
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Same as you Vincent lots of negs developed but very few prints made, I will have to get stuck in soon. fair play to you Martin looking forward to seeing your prints.

thefizz
02-02-2010, 03:20 AM

The force is strong in you Martin, your progression to the dark side has been very promising, I've thought you well. ;)

martinhughesireland
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
yea yea Vincent I here yea, wheres me Violin... I look forward to seeing these "strong", "mature" and "manly" master pieces in March :-)

You sure did Peter, a super job:-)

dustfree
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
hmmmmm all this manly manly stuff, explore your feminine side lads, expect to see all those 'strong manly prints' in nice pastel mounts, a bit a ribbon on the side even? i'll definitely have to go on the next outing, there must be something in that country air

dustfree
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
It's probably not the right thread but as I know most of you I hope you won't mind. Took lots of pics in Australia last September, very bright sunshine, and I have some overexposed negs that I'd like to print. Any other suggestions other than preflashing the paper (thank you Peter!), using filters etc etc? The prints I've done are coming out so 'black and white' they're almost like lith prints(?). Want to bring some to the next print 'meet and show' which is why I am asking here, very tenuous connection I know. June

thefizz
02-10-2010, 03:31 AM
Hi June, I presume you have tried split grade printing in combination with the flashing?

Another technique to try is water bath development. Place a try of water beside your developing tray at the same temperature. Put the paper in the developer as normal and when the blacks start to emerge, transfer the print to the water bath by gently sliding it in without agitation.

The developer will quickly exhaust in the shadow areas but continue to develop the highlights. If you decide the blacks are not dark enough, you can put the print back into the developer for a short while and then back into the water bath. This can be done along with flashing and split grade printing.

dustfree
02-10-2010, 09:03 AM
yep am doing 199y then 170m but will try the water bath idea and let you know. thanks for that, june:)