PDA

View Full Version : Eisenlord exhibition

Keith Taylor
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
For anyone finding themselves in the Twin Cities, there's a terrific show of Ike Eisenlord's work at Icebox Gallery right now, through the end of the year, of beautifully printed gum over platinum prints. Fragments of Eire.

Long ago I played around with gum over platinum and at the time was never really that tempted to take it any further, but seeing this work of Ike's may be the tipping point!

www.iceboxminnesota.com

Bob Carnie
11-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I saw Ike's work at Photstock , very beautiful indeed.

Zebra
11-14-2009, 07:40 AM
I was just in Minneapolis for business and I went over to Icebox to see the exhibition--

the work is stunning! It made my entire business trip worthwhile.

Now if I can only get over how much better's Ike's work is than mine!

As Keith said, if you are Minneapolis do yourself the favor of going.

Monty

bill schwab
11-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I so wish I could get up there to see this. Congratulations Ike!

Dan Henderson
11-14-2009, 08:20 AM
I so wish I could get up there to see this. Congratulations Ike!

Bill: this sounds like a good excuse for a road trip to me!
Dan

deisenlord
11-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words everyone!

Jeff Bannow
11-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Awesome Ike! Wish we could make it up there to see it.

Toffle
11-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes, Ike's work is something you definitely need to see more than once. Outstanding and inspiring prints.

Thomas Bertilsson
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Yep, I went to see it on the opening night, and it's specatcular! You guys with an interest in pt/pd printing and gum need to see it. It's so utterly well printed.

The photography itself is also inspiring. It is my thought that Ike has captured much of the spirit of the place, really getting under the skin of the parts of Ireland he visited. I'm going back at my next earliest convenience. I wish I had enough cash to support it by buying a print, but that isn't going to be anytime soon. Those who are wealthy enough definitely should inquire about buying.

Marc Akemann
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
There's a very good chance I'll be in the area during the last week of December. I'll make it a point to see the exhibit.

-Marc

Andrew Moxom
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
My wife and I saw this show last Thursday..... Stunning photography, and superb craftsmanship in making these amazing prints. Great show Ike.

Andrew Moxom
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Marc, let us know if you are in town, and maybe we can meet up with you?

Thomas Bertilsson
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I'll second Andy's request. Please let us all know if you can make it.

There's a very good chance I'll be in the area during the last week of December. I'll make it a point to see the exhibit.

-Marc

Vincent Brady
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Its nice to be able to see Ike's work on the Icebox website. I've no knowledge of the pt/pd printing and gum process but we Irish are obsessed with how others see us and I love how you have presented such well known features of our country.

Thank you
regards
Vincent

Marc Akemann
12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I'll second Andy's request. Please let us all know if you can make it.

I'm leaving either on the 26th or 27th from the Ann Arbor area and will be stopping at various points along the way to visit relatives and take a few photographs. I just sent an e-mail to the Icebox Gallery to find out what their schedule is during the week of 12/27. If need be, I can reverse my plans and come to Minneapolis first. As soon as I hear from Icebox I'll let you guys know. It'll be great to see you both!

-Marc

Thomas Bertilsson
12-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Marc,

I think I am looking forward to it!

I'm going to send you my contact information.

- Thomas

I'm leaving either on the 26th or 27th from the Ann Arbor area and will be stopping at various points along the way to visit relatives and take a few photographs. I just sent an e-mail to the Icebox Gallery to find out what their schedule is during the week of 12/27. If need be, I can reverse my plans and come to Minneapolis first. As soon as I hear from Icebox I'll let you guys know. It'll be great to see you both!

-Marc

mattk
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Stopped into Icebox to have a few prints framed up--Ikes work was still up. Wow. Amazing process and a very clean presentation. Hope to take my wife if it hasn't come down this Sat.