PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any prints of other artists on your wall?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

donbga
01-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I have just one... a reproduction of "Winter Sunrise: Sierra Nevada...". There's a very nice label on the lower front with the initials "AA". :) I bought it at a garage sale many years ago.

That happens to be a lithographic print that was included with one of Adams books a good while back. I purchased the book and have the print also.

David William White
03-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Very excited! I've got an Ilya Askinazi ( a.k.a. Ilya1963) hanging on my wall. Intriguing and stunning.

Morry Katz
03-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Ihave prints by Andre Kertesz, Arnold Newman, Gary Winogrand, Eugene Smith, B.A. King, Carol Marino, Werner Bischof, Robert Bourdeau, Lauren van der Hiltz, Stephen Katz and me hanging in my house. It's just like a gallery.

Morry Katz - Lethbridge, Alberta

jnanian
05-23-2010, 04:17 PM
we have a variety of images on our walls and shelves.
some are from nice people here ( revy, doughtery, leake, morange, milin )

others are from artists i knew from
the days i ran an art gallery with them ( painters / photographers ), former room mates and friends, my wife or my kids, or ... even me

Dave Wooten
05-23-2010, 04:33 PM
David Goldfarb (albumen), Jersey Vic (lith), Les McLane (silver) Ansel Adams (silver). Also some prints I have bought from street photographers from various cities, as well as portraits from the early 1900's gleaned from antique shops-usually for a buck each.

Sirius Glass
05-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Three photographs by Ira Meyer. One of which is of an Aurora Borealis and was on the cover of National Geographic years ago.

Steve

wclark5179
05-23-2010, 04:54 PM
"Do you have any prints of other artists on your wall?"

Yes I do.

I have prints made, some framed, some in books, albums from other photographer friends of mine.

I'm always learning and what a better way than to see how others view the world.

Michael R 1974
05-23-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't have any of my own on the wall, but I have some pretty good stuff. I have and Ansel Adams original print of Fern Spring, four 11x14 prints by George Tice (Petit's Mobil Station, Strand Theater, Meadolwlands, Beauty Rest Motel), 11 prints by John Sexton (including my favourite - Rice Field and Pine Forest), a print by Freeman Patterson, and a print of Blue Glacial Ice by Christopher Burkett.

Michael

thefizz
05-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I have lots of my own prints hanging in my home plus others I have purchased such as 1 lith and 2 toned prints from Tim Rudman, 2 B&W from Les McLean and 1 dr5/Ilfochrome from Gavin Smith, aka coigach. They give me inspiration to keep trying to improve my photography.

Thomas Bertilsson
05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes, I do. Painters, printmakers, photographers, and sculptors pride our home; it's all fairly inexpensive art work, but a combination of what we both like and appreciate.
I'm proud to rotate photographs of friends and colleagues here on APUG as well: Ian Leake, Ike Eisenlord, Guillaume Zuili, Bill Schwab, Andrew Moxom, Travis Nunn, Katherine Whitmore, Suzanne Revy, and a few others (sorry if I can't remember your name right this second).
It's interesting and rewarding to see real prints by those that also post here. The prints are always so much better and more interesting.

- Thomas

benjiboy
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
No, only other photographers.

jpeets
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
A dye transfer print by Ctein, of Pahoehoe (sp?).

anon12345
05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Okay, here goes . . .

Three 8x10 on 11x14 originals of Grace Christie by Underwood & Underwood NY (signed by Underwood), possibly platinums

Two original soft-focus pictorial portraits by Dorothea Lange (signed 1921)

One period SG print of modern dance, possibly a study by Arnold Genthe, Lange, or school of White. I also have the original photograph used to create the finished print. One of my favorite photographs.

A hand colored SG print of the Washington Monument with trees in bloom by C.O. Buckingham, blind stamped Buckingham. Studio stamped.

Several photographs awaiting suitable frames . . .

About twenty late 1800's albumen prints by Jean Gilletta (Nice), X Phot, A. Noack (Genova), y Edizioni Brogi.

One original portrait by Photo-secessionist Olive M. Potts, signed and stamped by the photographer.

Another period SG print of modern dance, in the style of Arnold Genthe, Lange or School of white. Unsigned

Two original portraits by H. T. Koshiba, family photographer for over thirty years to John D. Rockefeller. Koshiba's block stamp.

Adorning some walls is the start of a small collection of original etchings which I find just as interesting as photography. Included in these is a 18x26 hand-colored Albert Fitch Bellows etching "The Village Elms", printed by James Tyroler 1903. And also several original etchings by Parisian master engraver Léopold Robin (signed).

I think I'll be in heaven when an original Brett Weston, a WH Fox Talbot, and a couple signed László Moholy-Nagy photograms hang on my walls. Collecting original photography and practicing the art of photography makes for a very fulfilling pastime.

stebec
05-31-2010, 12:31 PM
I have a print by Cole Thompson. (signed)

Steve

Ole
05-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Let's see: Three - no five - of mine, all hung by my wife. And 12 others, likewise. I'm feeling overrepresented..

John McCallum
05-31-2010, 06:39 PM
A bunch of images that I haven't turned over for a while - Les Mclean, A. Adams, JD Callow, a few of mine. Oh and a very nice Ole Tjugen, in fact could do wth some more.

Poisson Du Jour
05-31-2010, 07:51 PM
After building up my home gallery of my own Ilfochrome images, I am now sniffing out other photographers' works that impresses upon me enough to get a representative work from them up on the wall. To that end, I've got one fellow APUGer who has prepared a rainforest waterfall print for me to put on the wall here.

Wade D
06-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Aside from the usual family photos only my own work is on the walls. I used to have some large AA lithos but have no room in my smaller house these days.

Focus No. 9
06-01-2010, 04:31 AM
I have an original Wallace Nutting antique hand-colored print in fair condition on my wall..original frame as well. Hand coloring prints is a dying or dead art that I would like to try someday. I wonder...would that be considered "post processing". : )

I also have a small 4x6 discrete nude in a desk frame by (??) purchased from the photographer on ebuyware. I actually may have two of his prints. I also have another auction buy.. a man suited up at the beach ( early muscle beach) that someone wrote in red ink " Always Willie". Huh huh. It always gets giggles and gagas from the guests. There is probably a million of them out there.

steven_e007
06-01-2010, 04:39 AM
I have several Frank Meadow Sutcliffe images and a few by Sydney Smith of Pickering.

I said about 25 years ago that I'll hang one of my own photos on the wall when they are good enough. Still hoping...