PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any prints of other artists on your wall?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

David William White
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Just before Christmas I hung a few hand-coloured lith prints from our Marianne Priest, and today I received a stunning Thomas Bertilsson (which is now at Bob Carnie's Elevator for framing). I've placed a request for another Ilya Askinazi, as well as something promised from Domenico Foschi's upcoming Italian project. And my wall calendar is from Heather Sullivan.

With these and some print exchanges, my house is slowly turning into a mini-APUG shrine!

jp498
01-06-2011, 04:07 PM
absolutely. Mostly local art or artists.

I have prints of
Jamie Wyeth (iris at sea)
Andrew Wyeth (church)
John Paul Caponigro (some sort of water drops image)
Peter Ralston (portent)
Lyn Snow (watercolor flower prints)
some local landscape painter whom I can't read the name of; got it at a fundraising auction because I liked it.
a wedding photo from the balcony of the church during our ceremony which my wife would like displayed but I haven't gotten around to getting a piece of glass for a frame.
countless various multi media artwork from my 5yo daughter who is quite creative.

jgcull
01-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Yes, I do. I have a print by my son-in-law, who is one of my favorite photographers (and person for that matter) by the way. And I have a wonderful print from a print exchange. I've a couple more from exchanges that I intend to frame at some point.

Jeff Kubach
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I have a few from photographers from around Richmond, Va.

Jeff

Toffle
01-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Just before Christmas I hung a few hand-coloured lith prints from our Marianne Priest, and today I received a stunning Thomas Bertilsson (which is now at Bob Carnie's Elevator for framing). I've placed a request for another Ilya Askinazi, as well as something promised from Domenico Foschi's upcoming Italian project. And my wall calendar is from Heather Sullivan.

With these and some print exchanges, my house is slowly turning into a mini-APUG shrine!

You are a lucky man! Both Thomas and Marianne's work are really something to see in a real print. Marianne is a wonderful printer.

bdial
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
A Richard Ritter print, and a Wolfgang Moersch print among a few others.

bblhed
01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Not in my home, but I have a photo in my office at work done by a woman that I helped get started on her way to being a photographer. I gave her some supplies that I didn't need and she gave me a print. I didn't even ask for it, she just asked me if I liked any of her photos, I picked one I liked, she printed it and told me she would not print that photo for anyone again. I felt kin of honored.

sepiareverb
01-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, many, and I have several more to mat and get up.

ann
01-07-2011, 07:41 AM
yes, many, the house is full of orginal art, mostly photos, none of mine. At school they hand my work (which is more than enough exposure for me, in fact, too much) LOL

ONe long wall contains only student work. Others with recognizable names are more randomly placed.

Diapositivo
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I have paintings of local artists on my walls, and old stamps, no photography at the moment. This will change when the recession stops beating me on the head.

Fabrizio

rudolf
01-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I have three - one received as a gift, second I took from my friend after drinking some vodka with him, and third from some artist in Berlin - a platinum/palladium print bought on german fair for couple of EUR.

Anyway - when I asked people in Poland do they buy other photographers' prints - the answers was "rather not". I dunno why - isn't it a little selfish to have only mine prints hanging on my walls?

Best,