PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any prints of other artists on your wall?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

darinwc
12-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Seems to me that most people dont have any photography prints displayed at their house other than family photos.

Do you have any prints displayed from photographers other than yourself?

2F/2F
12-02-2009, 01:08 AM
No...but I do have some prints given to me by friends, and I have photo books that I like to look at. I have some art by others on my walls, but it is not photography.

When it comes to photography, I like to "snuggle up" with it in litho-printed form way more than I like to look at it on the wall.

photomem
12-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Yes, I have prints from the last print exchange hanging up. Stuff from Sweden I believe. I am too tired to get up and look at the moment. :)

Mike1234
12-02-2009, 01:33 AM
I have just one... a reproduction of "Winter Sunrise: Sierra Nevada...". There's a very nice label on the lower front with the initials "AA". :) I bought it at a garage sale many years ago.

arigram
12-02-2009, 01:39 AM
I only have artwork by other other artists on my wall: paintings, comic book illustrations, japanese calligraphy and photography.

benjiboy
12-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Yes, I have several exhibition prints that I really like given to me by photographer friends over the years that I framed in identical frames, and have on my walls.

Mike1234
12-02-2009, 02:03 AM
When it comes to photography, I like to "snuggle up" with it in litho-printed form way more than I like to look at it on the wall.

I had a signed copy of "Yosemite and the Range of Light" many years ago that I really liked. I kept it on the coffee table and, unfortunately, someone soaked it thoroughly and didn't tell me so it molded all the way through. It made me sad to toss that one.

David William White
12-02-2009, 03:21 AM
I've just hung three lovely lith prints that I bought from 'Mayfair710' (aka Marianne). A couple of more of her prints will hang at my cottage when I next get back there. As well, I have four photographs from two Toronto area photographers hanging, including a cibachrome, that compete for space with approx. 25 of my own prints. And like 2F/2F, I also have books (some signed).

I've got a couple of apuggers in my sights for future acquisitions as well.

RalphLambrecht
12-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Seems to me that most people dont have any photography prints displayed at their house other than family photos.

Do you have any prints displayed from photographers other than yourself?

I buy and trade prints from and with other photographers. I have roughly 30 prints hanging, which are a mixture of other's and mine.

Ian Grant
12-02-2009, 04:30 AM
I only have prints by other photographers on the main walls of my house, a few of my own prints are in a back room. The same is true of our apartment in Turkey although my wife had two of my prints on the wall before I moved there.

Ian

roy
12-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Apart from my own, I have a Pt/Pd by Jorge, a one-time member of this forum.

Toffle
12-02-2009, 06:29 AM
I have a lovely Travis Nunn, and a Jeff (and sometimes Eva) Bannow, which I received in a print exchange at Photostock last year. That is the good news. The bad news is that two unsuspecting photographers got stuck with one of my Caffenol prints. :D I also have several pieces of art and prints by local artists. My walls are looking pretty full... to the point that my wife gives me a funny look when I start putting one of my own prints behind some matte board.

Cheers,

ann
12-02-2009, 06:33 AM
yes, i have many images, including student work and that of photographers who names would be familar, none of my own. I also have other works of art.

Joe Lipka
12-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I have some LensWork Photogravures by Tillman Crane and an original of David Grant Best's photograph of Shiprock, New Mexico. I have one of my photographs hanging and a whole bunch of them leaning against the living room wall.

ooze
12-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Yes, quite a few. Some of them have been paid for, others were gifts.

mikeg
12-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I've never purchased a print, but I do have several framed and on the wall from other photographers obtained via print exchanges. These include prints by BWKate and Nicole BM.

Mike

r-brian
12-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I have 4 Clyde Butcher prints on my walls, including one from his original 'Limited Edition' series (number 1 of 3). Had Tom Manglesen's 'Polar Dance' but sold it a few years ago to pay off some debt (bought it for $280, sold it 15 years later for $1600).

Andrew Moxom
12-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I have prints from Bill Schwab, David 'Ike' Eisenlord, Kerik Kouklis, David Bram, Fay Godwin, Thomas Bertilsson, Marianne Priest, and Travis Nunn at my house :-)

Roger Thoms
12-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes, a David Fokos, bought on impulse about 6 years ago, been on the wall ever since and we are still totally pleased we the print. That's the one big name photograper we have. We have lot's of photography and other artwork from lesser known artist either purchased or traded. Way more than we have wall space for.

Roger

dpurdy
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
If it was just up to me I wouldn't have other people's work up but my spouse put's other works up. People are often wanting to trade or give me their work and I have a lot of it stored away.
Dennis