PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin



Pages : 1 [2]

vickersdc
12-05-2009, 10:26 AM
done and done! my speed graphic is ready and waiting... :)

In that case, I'm sure we all look forward to seeing both your and Vaughn's results! :)

I've got a couple more pictures lined up - just need to clear some space on the dining room table :p

Vaughn
12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, I cheated and used film...:D

Negs are drying and look pretty good, but I might need to re-shoot. I got lazy and set up the still life in the classroom (right next to my office and the darkroom) instead of hauling everything across campus to the studio. I used a black backdrop, but too much light spilled onto it and it might reproduce as a dark gray. I will be able to keep the flowers farther from the backdrop in the studio. We'll see.

It will be a couple days before I can scan the neg to show what I got -- longer before I actually make a print from them. I did do it both as an 8x10 and a 4x10.

vaughn

vickersdc
12-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, in the relentless pursuit to bring you only the finest images via paper negative, I threw caution to the wind and at great expense I went out to purchase the next subject... a pineapple, cost me 90 pence I'll have you know ;)

I loved the texture of it, so I bought it on the spot whilst shopping for my swede, carrots, cauliflower (which I was also going to photograph, but ate before I could manage that) and peppers.

So, here it is, for your delectation and delight, I present... "Pineapple".


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2730/4160804671_0ee7bdd208.jpg

And here's one of those crops from where the leaves start sprouting out the top...


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2777/4161562596_c576a4da78_o.jpg

Vaughn
12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
At long last, here are my artichoke images.

Tri-X
Zone VI 8x10, Fuji W 300mm
f90 at 1 or 2 minutes
8x10 and 4x10 negatives
Developed in Ilford PQ Universal Developer
1:9, 70F, 9 minutes in a Jobo 3005 Expert Drum

Lit with one 750W Tota Light w/ umbrella, and large white foamcore reflector

Fairly straight negative scans -- pretty much as I would print them.

I meant the black background to actually be black, but too much light spilled onto it (flowers too close to the backdrop). However, I think it worked out better. Still might re-photograph one of these days.