canuhead
01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
the gun

Callum Green
01-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I wonder whats happening with this.

Ektagraphic
01-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I can't get through to the impossible project because it says "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage" does anyone else get this? Hopefully it is because they are getting a new site ready :D

Ektagraphic
01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
......I don't mean to sound like a total jerk but LucyS is a paid subsriber..............

Moopheus
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
This (http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2010/01/the_impossible_project_reinven.html) was posted on NPR a few days ago. Suggesting February release of first products.

Ektagraphic
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
So much for the January 2010 date. I don't mind waiting though. I am sure that it is worth the wait!

Q.G.
01-10-2010, 05:23 AM
......I don't mean to sound like a total jerk but LucyS is a paid subsriber..............

You're saying that it is o.k. to point a gun in a member's face if you belong to a higher ranked group of subscribers?
;)

Anyway, "The Impossible Project had 31.536.000 seconds to re-invent Instant Photography".

Maybe time ran out, and the impossible project indeed proved to be impossible?
But i think all it is is that they couldn't get their new website up in time.

railwayman3
01-10-2010, 05:40 AM

...but let's also remember that not everyone can afford to be a paid subscriber at this time....I intend to be as soon as funds allow, but in the meantime my priority is such photo materials and travel as can be afforded...it doesn't mean that paid subscribers have a monopoly, surely?...

Aurelien
01-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Maybe we can focus on Polaroid and Impossible, the subject of this topic? :)

Ken Nadvornick
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
You're saying that it is o.k. to point a gun in a member's face if you belong to a higher ranked group of subscribers?
;)

Q.G.,

The member avatar in question is not directed toward you personally, or any other member/subscriber on APUG. It is, in fact, a small inside joke between the subscriber and myself.

I know LucyS personally outside of APUG and am very aquainted with her excellent work. In reality she is one of the biggest sweethearts you'd ever want to meet.

Her paid subscriber status here was at my original urging. There was no offense intended at anyone on this site, other than a good-natured under-the-table poke at me.

Hope this clears things up just a little. As Aurelien says, back to the subject of this topic...

FWIW, my 82-year-old mother is anxiously awaiting new film for her old Sonar One-Step. At her age the tagline "You push the button, and [Dr. Edwin Land -> The Impossible Project] does the rest" has real meaning.

Ken

Phil
01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
This (http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2010/01/the_impossible_project_reinven.html) was posted on NPR a few days ago. Suggesting February release of first products.

Hopefully the 803 and 809 boxes in the last image of the slide show are an omen...

Q.G.
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Q.G.,

The member avatar in question is not directed toward you personally, or any other member/subscriber on APUG. It is, in fact, a small inside joke between the subscriber and myself. [...]

Ken,

Though i understand the objection to it, i wasn't me who objected.
My reaction was to the suggestion that being a subscriber made things o.k. that for anyone else (only leaves members, i guess) wouldn't be.

Not that it matters enough to make a big deal of it. ;)

JBrunner
01-10-2010, 06:29 PM
There are no avatar "privileges" for subscribing. Nobody is pointing a gun at anyone, it's an avatar image. Further references will be deleted as OT. That is all.

Ektagraphic
01-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Polapremium is finally all out of the SX-70 film. Their wesite always said over 1000 in sock until a couple of weeks ago....

AgX
01-11-2010, 02:44 AM
They still say more than 1000 in stock (the packs with the new jacket design).

Ektagraphic
01-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Well I gues they have more now.

AgX
01-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I can't get through to the impossible project because it says "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage" does anyone else get this? Hopefully it is because they are getting a new site ready :D

After the "currently not availaible" message changed into a weird "access denied" message today, their website is now online again. No changes though...

mark
01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
This is what happenes when you have self imposed deadlines and announce them to the world. The world expects things to happen at that time. No one expects things to go unchanged and disappear.

When things do not happen as you plan, you had better have a plan to tell folks there was a snafu in the line some where. A simple "Ah crap, things did not go as planned. Stay tuned." would have been nice.

As it is the general public, who cares, is left scratching their heads. Bad form in my opinion, especially since they made such a big deal about it.

tiberiustibz
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
IIRC they weren't going to be selling anything until later in the year anyways. Having their website miraculously disappear is annoying though. It would be nice to have something there. Does anyone know anything?

EDIT oh nevermind it's back up.