PDA

View Full Version : Good macro bellows instructions on the net?

Hamster
12-22-2009, 11:09 AM
A friend of mine would be receiving a set of M42 bellows and lens for Christmas.

She had never done macro before and unfortunately I cannot be there to show her how to use it.

Is there any goo resources on the net that goes through the basics on using macro bellows?

Unfortunately she will be using it on digi, but film instructions would be just as good.

bobwysiwyg
12-22-2009, 12:21 PM
There are several sources via Google search, here is one.

http://www.shutterbug.com/refreshercourse/lens_tips/172/index1.html

When you say it will be used on a digi cam I suspect that means she will be losing the auto features for the lens, or is this a late model bellows unit that utilizes all the auto features such as exposure in particular.

Bosaiya
12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Depending on what she wants to do the principles will most likely be the same. Meaning that if it's an auto-unit anything auto- will stay auto- whether digital or film and if it's not then it's not. With the exception of reciprocity I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would be very different between the two.

Hamster
01-01-2010, 05:02 PM
When you say it will be used on a digi cam I suspect that means she will be losing the auto features for the lens, or is this a late model bellows unit that utilizes all the auto features such as exposure in particular.

Nope, as basic as it gets, made by east german pentacon and everything needs to be operated by hand.