PDA

View Full Version : Diana mini

darkosaric
12-22-2009, 01:59 PM
So,

I sad to myself: "you don't need any more cameras, keep saving for M6 and that is it" and I was thinking I don't want anything, I don't use my toy cameras often anyhow - but then I saw new Diana mini. In live it is more cute that on pictures. And you can have half frame camera, and square format - on same film! :) :) Eh eh eh ! :)

Markok765
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Omg. I so want one.

darkosaric
12-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Omg. I so want one.

http://microsites.lomography.com/dianamini/about

yep, it would be nice Christmas gift :)

Matthew Rusbarsky
12-23-2009, 06:58 AM
So,
And you can have half frame camera, and square format - on same film! :) :) Eh eh eh ! :)

Any idea if it's true square frame, or just a masked 36x24 frame? The fact that you can get 73 1/2 frames on the roll makes me think it's the former.

darkosaric
12-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Any idea if it's true square frame, or just a masked 36x24 frame? The fact that you can get 73 1/2 frames on the roll makes me think it's the former.

They have some videos on page, I understand it like this: you have true square frame, and with one switch you can transform it in to half frame. And you can do this while film is inside. You don't have posibility to have 36x24 at all, as I understood.

Joe VanCleave
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I ended up buying the Golden Half, half-frame 35mm camera from SuperHeadz via the Four Corners Dark online store. A great little plastic toy camera with good engineering and build quality, Japanese made. It doesn't do square format, but one can always crop the resulting rectangular images.

Last roll of Ilford XP-2 I got back 53 prints, 4x6 sized.

I'm carrying a little flash along with it, for indoor shooting; a flash from an old Pocket Fujica 350 camera.

~Joe