PDA

View Full Version : Polariod 360 x-sync modification

dkeslick
12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I am trying to convert my polaroid 360 to be used with a modern electronic flash. I have removed the original flash bracket and I have four wires. (red, black, tan and purple) I am hoping that someone else has done this and can advise me on which wires need to be used to trigger my flash. Thanks, Dave

Ric Trexell
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Dskslick: I used to have a Polaroid 360 and at that time there was a company in California that dealt only in Polaroid stuff. They had a little adapter that I bought and it consisted of a three inch (about) rubber coated wire that had a little plug (female) on one end an a standard PC connection on the other. It went in either the first two or last two prongs on the connector on top. Sad to say the company must have gone out of business. The name of the company was Graphic Supply. They sold just about everything for a Polaroid, and I think they started mainly to sell film backs or whatever you want to call it that would be processed to use in a printing press. I suppose they were a victim of the digital age. You didn't need to take anything off, just plug that thing in. You might do some searching for the Graphic Supply adapter or perhaps you can find the prong that would match those two prongs and connect it to a regular male PC connector. Good luck. Ric.

Steve Smith
01-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Try it out. You only have six combinations of two wires to try.

Steve.

Ric Trexell
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Actually, since there were only four prongs if I remember, you could only have three combinations. I'm sure it was the first two though that were closest to the front of the camera. I can draw you a picture of how the little plug looked, but I think if you go to an electronics supply house (Radio Shack?) or on line you will find that little connector. A PC connector can be obtained from an old flash unit or by buying a cord from the photography stores. Porters has some adapters for PC to hot shoe that you might look into for the other end. Why Polaroid didn't make an adapter for that camera is beyond me.