PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 19 signup

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

GeoffHill
01-14-2010, 09:35 AM
If its ok, can I join with just 15 to start with please

rst
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, that is OK. The only really hard rule is: The origin must be a traditional media - like film.

Cheers
Rüdiger

Hello all,

I havent got access to a darkroom at the moment, can I join if my pictures are shot on film, and then developed at a lab?

rst
01-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Next update:

Allen Friday (MAX)
amiett (20)
bwakel (20)
Christopher Walrath (15)
crispinuk (50)
david James lee (20)
donminbox (50)
drpsilver (MAX)
GeoffHill (15)
gurkenprinz (30)
hoffy (20)
KWhitmore (30)
Laurent (MAX)
lorirfrommontana (MAX)
markrewald (MAX)
mckenna (40)
Mick Fagan (MAX)
Mike Wilde (30)
mthorley (MAX)
Patrick Latour (15)
photomem (50)
relix (10)
rmann (25)
Rob Skeoch (MAX)
rst (MAX)
rtbadman (MAX)
Shaggysk8 (10)
Tim Gray (MAX)
timk (MAX)
TimVermont (50)
Tjibs (15)
wazza (MAX)

Cheers
Ruediger

rst
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM
... Please inform JST that her postcard from round 18 is now en route to her! I do apologise, things business took their toll.
Mick, she likes your postcard (and me too.) Good to have you on board again.

Cheers
Ruediger

slumry
01-18-2010, 11:07 PM
OK, having never been involved with any print exchange whatsoever, I want to make sure I understand what the deal is. If I sign up and commit to x number of prints and send them to people and addresses that will be provided, I will in turn receive x number of beautifully printed images and a like amount of positive karma. Said prints are to be printed on paper about the size of a postcard, with appropriate pedigree information, and sent to specified people. Prints are to be treated like postcards and not to be put in envelops or otherwise treated differently than an ordinary postcard. I further understand that this is not pyramid, Ponzi or other type of nefarious scheme that will result in a major financial crisis and the end of Western civilization…as we know it, of course.

Tim Gray
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
That sounds about right :D Sign up for 30 prints, and you will have to send out 30 prints to your recipient list. You should get back approximately 30 prints (maybe minus a few) from those people. Every once in a while, a card gets lost or someone doesn't send out a card, so you might only get 29 :)

Most people print on Ilford postcard paper (look for 4x6 Portfolio RC paper). Other paper is fine though. If you live in the US, and your picture is 4x6 or less, you can use the postcard postage rate as opposed to the letter rate.

Roger Thoms
01-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh it's a scheme all right, a scheme to have some fun without spending a fortune and get some great prints from around the world.

Roger

MattKing
01-19-2010, 12:24 AM
You could always try reading the instructions: :)

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction.html

Matt

PS it's a hoot! - here is what my print dryer/refrigerator looks like in the midst of preparations

MattKing
01-19-2010, 12:26 AM
OK. Ill break my rule- I'll sign up now for 30, even though I haven't sent out my prints yet for the current Group exchange.

Same address (in Delta) as used in my most recent exchanges.

Matt

slumry
01-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks for pointing out where the instructions were. I had done a lot of searching and after 18 exchanges there was a lot of material on Apug to sort through...sometimes it is easier to ask. In any event, even though this is probably more fun then I am normally allowed to have, count me in for 20. that is as many as my refrigerator can handle.

rst
01-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi, here is an updated list, please check. We are 34 participants right now.

Allen Friday (MAX)
amiett (20)
bwakel (20)
Christopher Walrath (15)
crispinuk (50)
david James lee (20)
donminbox (50)
drpsilver (MAX)
GeoffHill (15)
gurkenprinz (30)
hoffy (20)
KWhitmore (30)
Laurent (MAX)
lorirfrommontana (MAX)
markrewald (MAX)
MattKing (30)
mckenna (40)
Mick Fagan (MAX)
Mike Wilde (30)
mthorley (MAX)
Patrick Latour (15)
photomem (50)
relix (10)
rmann (25)
Rob Skeoch (MAX)
rst (MAX)
rtbadman (MAX)
Shaggysk8 (10)
slumry (20)
Tim Gray (MAX)
timk (MAX)
TimVermont (50)
Tjibs (15)
wazza (MAX)

Cheers
Rüdiger

crispinuk
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I further understand that this is not ... scheme that will result in a major financial crisis ...

Be careful, it's addictive and you can get carried away, once you've been in a round of 50 cards its impossible to sign up for less knowing how many great photos you might miss :D

Black Dog
01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Speaking of which.....sign me up again for the max.:DSame address as before.

Tim Gray
01-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Be careful, it's addictive and you can get carried away, once you've been in a round of 50 cards its impossible to sign up for less knowing how many great photos you might miss :D

Tell me about it. I'm praying it peters out at around 40 cards this round. Each round has gotten larger and larger.

Jostie
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi RST
I have sent another PM please let me know if you do not receive it as I would really like to participate in this round.
Many thanks

rst
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Tell me about it. I'm praying it peters out at around 40 cards this round. Each round has gotten larger and larger.
Well, I have the impression that we won't reach 50 this round. It seems that we have lost some regulars which is too bad. We will see. But I am also thinking about limiting myself to 40 this round. But I have the feel that I have to do the max as organizer ...

Cheers
Rüdiger

rst
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi RST
I have sent another PM please let me know if you do not receive it as I would really like to participate in this round.
Many thanksYou are in. Thanks for sending your address again.

Cheers
Rüdiger

Christopher Walrath
01-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Posted wirelessly..

You might consider, Rudy, in future rounds splitting the field above 40 cards. Less work for you and us.

Tim Gray
01-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, I have the impression that we won't reach 50 this round. It seems that we have lost some regulars which is too bad. We will see. But I am also thinking about limiting myself to 40 this round. But I have the feel that I have to do the max as organizer ...

Cheers
Rüdiger

I feel like I have to do the max so I don't miss out on any cards :D Besides, there's no real difference between 40 and 50 - haha.

rst
01-20-2010, 01:49 AM
You might consider, Rudy, in future rounds splitting the field above 40 cards. Less work for you and us.Well, organizing the exchange is the same work for 40 as for 50 or 60. Limiting to 40 participants is not an option and splitting in a group of 40 and a group of the rest is also not an option.

Cheers
Rüdiger