PDA

View Full Version : "Group" Print Exchange

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

jtsatterlee
05-02-2004, 09:19 AM
my thoughts on the 'details' are:

- small groups 5 or 6
- either exchanges every other month or every 3 months
- domestic or global mailing is not an issue (for me)
- critiques are good, perhaps only upon request of sender?
- i like the idea of a gallery

David A. Goldfarb
05-02-2004, 09:36 AM
My preferences:

--maximum of 6 participants
--I'd rather participate a group that's mixed with regard to format, process, and subject, but if there are interesting exchange groups that want to do something more specialized (probably portraiture or architecture, preferably large format), then I could go with that.
--global participation preferred
--if individuals want critique, that's fine, but that's not really a motivating factor for me
--gallery optional: I'd rather look at real prints

Leon
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
sounds good to me - quite exciting actually.

glbeas
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
How about periodically the groups are rearranged so there can be more variety to the exchange?
I'll be interested once I get past my wedding and get back from Mexico.

Cheryl Jacobs
05-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I'd like to join if, as mentioned above, the groups are no more than five or six and exchange no more often than once per two or three months. Worldwide is my preference, and mixed formats and subject matter would appeal to me most.

Ole
05-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Just adding my vote to the consensus here ;)

5-6 participants per group, global participation (so I can participate), mixed style/technique/format/subject, and bimonthly (or thereabouts) submission.

Critique is optional, so is scanning/gallery presentation. The real prints is what's important.

galyons
05-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi All,
Just a clarification on the "gallery" posting of the prints. It would be optional, but would provide an opportunity for all participants to see more images from the various groups without the necessity of expanding the number of physical prints prepared and exchanged.

Any thoughts on how to form the groups of 6 online using the facilities of the site?

Cheers,
Geary

05-02-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm definatly interested in an exchange. However I'm cautious of signing up to something thats too much work on a regular basis.

I'd prefer if each exchange was a one off sign up (and I'd sign up again in a few months for the next one).

Also rather than sending to a large number of people, or even with the same small group, I'd rather swap with a different (random) small group each time, so I get to see as wide a range of stuff as possible

Ian

Jim Moore
05-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Looks like we have a nice group....

My intent for this swap is not to do anything fancy like "Critiques" "Gallery" "Missions" etc.

Although good ideas that is not what I had in mind for this. Just a simple print exchange where we can share our work with each other.

Details so far:

Global participation.
Mixed formats and subject matter.
Any size prints, mounting not required.
Groups will exchange every other month.
No more than 6 per group.
Group members will be determined by a random drawing.
Group members will change for each exchange.
If a member wants to skip an exchange and join back in on the next one that's fine.

Members....

JMoore
Ole
bmac
Aggie
jtsatterlee
David A. Goldfarb
Leon
galyons
photomc
glbeas
Cheryl Jacobs
dlin
Jim68134
mobtown_4x5
L Gebhardt
Nige
Alex Hawley

Did I miss anyone or anything?

Jim

David A. Goldfarb
05-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Looks good to me.

Once you've got the list, then you'll want to PM all the members for their contact information, and maybe Sean can set up a guidelines page and a password protected address list page like there are for the postcard exchange and traveling portfolio.

dlin
05-03-2004, 01:01 PM
If there's room for another participant, I'd be interested in joining the group list. I look forward to it.

Jim Chinn
05-04-2004, 11:20 PM
I would also like to be included if the numbers work out.

galyons
05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Well by my count, that puts us at 16. We could accommodate, perhaps, 2 more to give us 3 groups of 6. Or we can get the groups formed and "get printing"!

Jim, thanks for getting the exchange formulated!

Cheers,
Geary

Jim Moore
05-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks to everyone who has joined so far. This should be a fun and interesting project.

If anyone else is interested in joining just post a reply to this thread saying so.

I have sent a PM to everyone wanting to join asking for your contact information.

Jim

mobtown_4x5
05-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Room for one more? :)

L Gebhardt
05-05-2004, 01:03 PM
If there is room in a group I would like to participate as well in a group of no more than 6.

Jim Moore
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Last call before I divide up the groups for the first exchange.

Jim

Nige
05-06-2004, 06:08 PM
yo!

Ole
05-07-2004, 02:30 AM
I admit I was a bit sceptical to the person whose first post on APUG was joining the GPE, but after seeing same person's first gallery image, I want to see it in print!

dlin
05-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Greetings Ole,

I guess you would be referring to me. I must confess that I've been a long time lurker on APUG. I've enjoyed and learned from many of the technical and philosophical discussions on this site. However, I am by my nature reluctant to jump into the fray. I would much rather see and discuss the photographs themselves and then let the topics of equipment, technique, philosophy flow from there. Far more educational, from my perspective. I look forward to this print exchange.

All the best,

Daniel