PDA

View Full Version : "Group" Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Jim Moore
05-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I too am like Daniel.

You can see by my post count that I don't post very often, but have been around for awhile and have gained lots of valuable information from APUG.

I have a feeling that there are many more that do the same.

Jim

galyons
05-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Jim & Daniel,
I think that the majority of APUG'ers fall into our category. There are many of us that are frequent visitors, knowledge gatherers and infrequent posters. Though the group is generally warm and welcoming, I am just not likely to post unless I have something to contribute to the thread.

I belong to other cyber groups and in comparison APUG has a very high "signal-to-noise" ratio. Just not a lot of "ditto" and "me too" posters! This is rare and GOOD!

Cheers,
Geary

Jim Moore
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Sorry all. I had a busy weekend and was unable to get the groups divided up.

I will try to get it done tomorrow (Tuesday) when I get home from work.

Thanks!

Jim

Alex Hawley
05-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Any room for one more?

Ole
05-11-2004, 02:25 AM
I'm home from the North Sea at last...

The weather is lovely, bright sun and clear skies. No chance of darkroom work until it clouds over a bit (poor blackout).

There are members here with lots of posts, some with fewer posts, and some with none at all. There are some I've noticed - it may be only one or two posts, but still worth noticing. There are some with hundreds of posts who are less noticable!

I was referring to David/dlin... But as I said: Now that I've seen one of his photos with all the losses involved in scanning and screen display, I want to see a real one! The rest of you I know already ;)

Jim Moore
05-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Groups have been drawn.

I put everyones name in a mamaya hard shell lens case (the "hat"), closed the lid, shook it up good and pulled out the names.

Group #1
-----------------------
KenM
Aggie
Alex Hawley
jtsatterlee

Group #2
-----------------------
Ole
Nige
Jim68134

Group #3
-----------------------
JMoore
dlin
galyons
photomc

Group #4
-----------------------
David A. Goldfarb
bmac
mobtown_4x5
L Gebhardt

If i missed anyone please let me know ASAP.

I will be sending everyone a list of your groups shipping addresses.

Shall we say that all prints should be mailed out by the end of the month?

Thanks!

Jim

bmac
05-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Great work Jim, thanks for doing this.

Leon
05-12-2004, 06:24 AM
yes - thanks Jim. To my group, it's probably best to not include me for at least the 1st swap as I will definitely not be up-and-running by then - I'll let you all know when I am ready to join in.

photomc
05-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Thanks Jim, now off to the darkroom and get to work....Oh, wait I'm at the real job..will have to wait till the weekend.

galyons
05-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Jim,
Thanks for all of your efforts to initiate the exchange. I would suggest the first exchange be mid-June for our group. Unforetunately I have a heavy travel schedule through the week of Memorial Day. Would this be okay?

Cheers,
Geary

Ole
05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
I hope we get a cloudy day soon - I've got to get back in the darkroom! And I've got to get my darkroom dark, hence the need for clouds...

Aggie
05-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Think duct tape Ole. this way you can tape the leaks.

How about making it so that the first exchaznge is completed by the end of June. that gives us all a bit of time to get organized and the printing done. I have some printed now, but then I tend to over do. (no laughing from the postcarders)

Jim Moore
05-13-2004, 09:24 AM
How about making it so that the first exchaznge is completed by the end of June. that gives us all a bit of time to get organized and the printing done.

That would probably be a good idea.

I will get all of the contact info sent out this weekend and participants may send out their prints anytime between now and the end of June.

Leon, with the later due date should I include you in this round?

Thanks!!

Jim

Leon
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
we've just heard from our solicitor that we will not be be moving until june 11th. My fiancee tells me that fitting a new kitchen and reparing the back windows of the new house is much more important than re-setting up my darkroom (I beg to differ but dont dare to tell her that!!!) so probably best to count me out until next time - sorry!

galyons
05-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Leon,
Good call! After 34 years of marriage, I have fully accepted the fact that:
"I'd rather be HAPPY than RIGHT!"

We look forward to your being able to particpate!!

Cheers,
Geary

Nige
05-13-2004, 06:35 PM
my wife's been wrong twice this year.... I've let her know about it too!

bmac
05-17-2004, 12:07 AM
My prints are in the wash right now. I'm honestly too tired to judge if they are worthy of sending out. If they look good when I have both eyes open at the same time, I'll mount and mail them this week.

I've got David's address from the portfolio list, I'll need the 411 from mobtown_4x5 & L Gebhardt

Brian

Cheryl Jacobs
05-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey, guys -

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I've had a major financial blow this weekend (ex-husband is to thank for that) and I'm going to have to pass on the group print exchange for now. Sorry to throw the groups off.

I did individual exchanges with a few people prior to the group exchange discussion, and those prints will go out in the next few days.

Thanks, and sorry. :(

- CJ

KenM
05-17-2004, 07:43 PM
If there's nobody already in line to take Cheryl's place, you can count me in.....

(sorry to hear about your troubles Cheryl - hang in there!)

Jim Moore
05-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Cheryl,

Sorry to hear that and I hope things turn around for you soon.

I (We) look forward to you joining in again when they do.

Thanks!

Jim