PDA

View Full Version : "Group" Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Jim Moore
05-18-2004, 10:12 PM
OK everyone. I promise that I will STAY OUT of the darkroom tomorrow after work and get the address list sent out.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Moore
05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
The address list for each group has been sent out via PM. If you did not receive one please let me know.

I got this done at work today so that I can go back into the darkroom after work tonight :)

Thanks!

Jim

Aggie
05-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Thank You Jim

Alex Hawley
05-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the mailing list Jim.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use for mailing the prints?

bmac
05-19-2004, 03:53 PM
For my prints mounted at 11x14, I have been using Priority Mail boxes from the post office. I seal the ends with the print sandwiched inbetween and mail it flat.

KenM
05-19-2004, 05:22 PM
The PM that was sent out said prints should be sent out by the end of May, yet one of the previous messages indicated end of June.

I'm assuming June, since the message did have some positive feedback.

Am I wrong? Go on, tell me I'm wrong. I dare you!

(Ken, who's in a fighting mood, waiting for the Sharks to get crushed by the Flames tonite in game 6!)

Jim Moore
05-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Yes Ken, your are correct.

The PM should have said the end of JUNE, my mistake.

That's what happens when I post while working............

Jim

KenM
05-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes Ken, your are correct.

The PM should have said the end of JUNE, my mistake.

That's what happens when I post while working............

Jim

Thanks for clearing that up Jim!

I had to remove my temperature control unit for servicing, and unfortunately I only have one set of shutoff valves - so I can't turn the water back on until the unit is reinstalled, which won't be for about two weeks :-(

So you can understand my consternation at the May deadline :-D

bmac
05-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah right, the flames are going down in flames...

Brian in San Jose :)

matt miller
05-21-2004, 04:37 PM
If there is room, I'd like in too. Don't get much of a chance to see real prints out here in the sticks (Cambridge, Iowa)

Thanks,
Matt

Jim Moore
05-21-2004, 09:30 PM
My prints for the exchange are currently in the washer.

I'll give them the weekend to dry, mount them on Monday, and they should be in the mail before the end of the week.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting this exchange.

This is 'gunna be fun :)

Jim

Ole
05-22-2004, 07:16 AM
I hope noone minds terribly much - but you'll be getting cyanotypes this time. Tea-toned 5x7" ones. The first batch was a tad overexposed, so I'm just about to do them again. It's so much easier then getting my darkroom lightproof with all this sunshine ;)

mobtown_4x5
05-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Gee- you guys are ahead of me, I'm having an enlarger alignment problem that is hanging me up...we have till the end of June, right?

Jim Moore
05-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Gee- you guys are ahead of me, I'm having an enlarger alignment problem that is hanging me up...we have till the end of June, right?

Yep, end of June.

Don't feel bad. I thought I was done but my Daughter and I went out photographing today (yep you guessed it, back Downtown :) ) and I took a photograph that I really like and have decided to use it for the exchange instead of the ones I already have done.

So It looks like they might not make it out this week.

Jim

Ole
05-24-2004, 01:48 AM
I can't wait - I have until the end of May to get mine in the mail. Then I go off to work for an undetermined time: Probably two weeks, possibly three, four not impossible. So I want to get these off before it's too late...

photomc
05-24-2004, 07:41 AM

It has been like that, I went out over the past two weekends trying to find something new and fresh and still don't like what I have. Went through the negative files yesterday and found a good negative that I have not printed (or even looked at) so it will be the one, just need to get the printing down.

Plus, the water out of the tap is already at 72 degrees (F) - not to bad when printing, but hard on film. Looks like a long hot summer (NOTE:Texans always like to talk about the weather - we are just that way! :) )

Jim Moore
05-24-2004, 09:18 PM
OK. After changing my mind about the prints for this exchange I got the new ones printed tonight and they are currently on the drying screens.

There is a slight chance that they will make it out by the end of the week. If not they WILL be out early next week.

Jim

L Gebhardt
05-28-2004, 08:00 AM
For my prints mounted at 11x14, I have been using Priority Mail boxes from the post office. I seal the ends with the print sandwiched inbetween and mail it flat.

Brian, I mailed tow of mine this way and one with the box folded up properly. The properly folded box cost 2.21 to mail, where as the flat box cost 3.75. These were the boxes for sale at the post office.

BTW you should get your print soon as they went out on the 25th. Same goes for mobtown_4x5 and David Goldfarb.

David A. Goldfarb
05-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Prints are drying. I'm going to have to send unmounted prints this round, as I'm leaving town for a few weeks tomorrow and won't have time to mount before sending them off.

mobtown_4x5
06-07-2004, 12:26 AM
OK, mine are going out this morning, I have received three prints, so I guess I'm last...(as usual) sorry about the delay...

Brian, David and Larry your work is absolutely wonderful! I figured I would be lucky if I really liked one print from the exchange, but as it turned out- all three prints are going up on the wall!
Really impressive. I don't usually respond to others' B&W work too much or throw praise around- but these are really outstanding images.

Matt