PDA

View Full Version : Any new photo gear for Christmas?

thefizz
01-07-2010, 08:09 AM
To my Irish apug colleagues, did any of you get any nice photo related presents or spoil yourself on any new gear for Christmas?

I got a great deal on a mint VCP7005 Kaiser colour enlarger from www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk. They even through in a free colour safe light having already given me a good discount. :)

I have purchased from them in the past and always found them good to deal with.

martinhughesireland
01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Trying not to buy any photo gear unless I have a very good reason and really need it these days.
Definitively no more cameras or lenses...

What I did purchase in the last month:

-A 2nd hand 16x20inch dish warmer for 23 pounds on ebay (to keep me lith dev up to temp...)
-A 2nd hand 10 stop ND filter for 30 euro on PI
-A pack of 10 bulbs for 38 euro, for my kaiser enlarger from ebay

Congrats on the Kaiser, have one myself as you know. Super enlargers

M

vanourek
01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I've bought Mamiya RB67 Pro S with Sekor 90/3.8, 2 film holders, polaroid holder etc. for my Christmas :) Also an Meopta Magnifax 6x9 enlarger.

jnanian
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
i was given a blackrapid camera strap.
it is the bomb!

thefizz
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Well done on the dish warmer Martin, I know you have wanted one for a while now. They are so handy.

Mike Wilde
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
My wife knows that photogrpahy is my hobby/passion/obsession, yet knows it is beyond her to know what to get me. So I got a gift card from my favourite bricks and mortar local camera store, Burlington Camera. It is where I always try to buy from first before shopping online from the big boys here or there.

bobwysiwyg
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
A Berlebach tripod, purchased by my wife (after sending her an eMail with a hint link). :p

Steve Roberts
01-08-2010, 08:04 AM
To my Irish apug colleagues, did any of you get any nice photo related presents or spoil yourself on any new gear for Christmas?

Forgive me for not being Irish (a sad failing!) but if I may reply anyway I was given a tripod bag. It's one of the Jessops line and fits the Slik 88 that I use like a glove.

Funny, but in the video work that I sometimes do for work I'd never dream of taking an unclothed tripod anywhere (possibly because with fancy fluid-damped heads etc they cost more than any car I've ever owned) but already I'm seeing the advantages of not getting my tripod bashed, not having it bash other things and making it a lot easier to carry with the bag's shoulder strap.

Steve

marriaga4eps
01-08-2010, 08:44 AM
My wife bought me a nikon f4s from keh. It was rated ugly and real cheap. However when it came, it was beautiful. One man's ugly is another man's beauty. ;-).

monosnaps
01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Sad to say I got nothing nice, agreed a year or so back to cut down on the camera gear and have been managing this quite well. Only thing i did was pick up two pocket wizards for triggering flash remotely. Good luck everyone with all the new gear.

hughitb
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I didn't get anything new either but ... I did get a book token which I spent in this place:

http://www.nobleandbeggarmanbooks.com/

It's a new Arts bookshop in Dublin (South William Street) that has a great selection of photography books and other art-related stuff. I would encourage any Dublin-based Irish apuggers to drop in if they are in town some day. It's a venture worth supporting ....

jessthespringer
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I got a lovely Olympus Trip, one of the fancy restored ones, green leatherette covering, and some Portra 400 VC to go with it. And vouchers, to buy myself some fancy shoes to match :D
My family gave me some cash, and I finally got around to getting a scanner. And, now I can see all the mistakes I've been making when processing film.

thefizz
01-11-2010, 02:54 AM
I got a lovely Olympus Trip, one of the fancy restored ones, green leatherette covering, and some Portra 400 VC to go with it. And vouchers, to buy myself some fancy shoes to match :D

LOL, well done Sinead, its so important to have matching shoes to go with your camera :)

jessthespringer
01-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Yes. I think so. It could be so easy to get these things wrong you know!!

Fintan
01-12-2010, 03:48 AM
some nice stuff there, wow wow Sinead!!!
and a 7005, cool.

and a great link Hugh thanks for that.

Nothing specifically photo related for me, the only just an insulated Gilet which has been handy during the big freeze and will be handy on any early starts. And some sterling for a trip to the UK.

I should have got some crampons, fell badly on ice this morning, ouch :( Be careful folks....

monosnaps
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I didn't get anything new either but ... I did get a book token which I spent in this place:

http://www.nobleandbeggarmanbooks.com/

It's a new Arts bookshop in Dublin (South William Street) that has a great selection of photography books and other art-related stuff. I would encourage any Dublin-based Irish apuggers to drop in if they are in town some day. It's a venture worth supporting ....

This looks great a real bookshop for Dublin at long last, looking forward to spending some time here. Thanks Hugh

darragh
01-13-2010, 05:37 AM
My missus is paying for a darkroom colour printing workshop as a Christmas present.
I also got some ilfochrome chemicals and papers which I am looking forward to trying out soon.
Darragh

seoirse
01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Just got some Neopan 120 for opening on Christmas morning...It's well gone now...thanks be to God.

In the last few days I picked up a Metz 45 Cl4 flash from Fintan and he very generously threw in a stroboframe bracket with it..(thanks Fintan). I'm really looking forward to using them to shoot a couple of weddings in strobist style with my 'blad.

seoirse
01-17-2010, 11:03 AM
some nice stuff there, wow wow Sinead!!!
and a 7005, cool.

and a great link Hugh thanks for that.

Nothing specifically photo related for me, the only just an insulated Gilet which has been handy during the big freeze and will be handy on any early starts. And some sterling for a trip to the UK.

I should have got some crampons, fell badly on ice this morning, ouch :( Be careful folks....

I guess Silverprint will be in for a visit!!!!:p