PDA

View Full Version : Taking photos in the Baltimore Area

Pages : [1] 2

v11235
01-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

Anyone else in the Baltimore area? I love taking photos during my lunch breaks, and was curious if anyone else had the same habit, and, more importantly, what are your favorite spots?

I like Robert E. Lee park if it's a nice day (I wish they'd fix the bridge!), or the architecture of any of our many underpasses. I've stopped by Druid Ridge Cemetary to take some photos too. Some of the stones there are amazing.

Let's share some shooting spots...

Thanks.

Christopher Walrath
01-26-2010, 10:06 AM
The guys have lots of metups in that area. One will wander along before too long, no doubt. I hsave that habit, myself, here in Delaware.

TheFlyingCamera
01-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi there. While I'm not in Baltimore anymore, I do get up that way periodically with the rest of the DC gang. We've got a number of favorite shooting spots, from the B&O Railroad museum's outside yard (no fee to get in!) to Druid Hill Park, Cylburn Arboretum, Mount Vernon Square, to name a few. Drop a line if you'd like to get together some weekend for a shoot.

Pinholemaster
01-26-2010, 10:25 AM
All of Baltimore is great for shooting. Carroll County ain't bad either. Grin.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Cheers/Projects/Pages/Carroll_County.html#0

Sirius Glass
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
I am more of the Columbia persuasion although I have been known to roam Baltimore and Washington.

Steve

v11235
01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

c6h6o3
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

Anyone else in the Baltimore area? I love taking photos during my lunch breaks, and was curious if anyone else had the same habit, and, more importantly, what are your favorite spots?

I like Robert E. Lee park if it's a nice day (I wish they'd fix the bridge!), or the architecture of any of our many underpasses. I've stopped by Druid Ridge Cemetary to take some photos too. Some of the stones there are amazing.

Let's share some shooting spots...

Thanks.

I'll be going up to Baltimore this weekend to photograph at the Rawlings Conservatory in Druid Hill Park. PM me if you want to meet up.

Matthew Rusbarsky
02-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Greenmount is the king of Baltimore cemeteries, followed by Westminster on Fayette. Mt. Auburn is fantastic for the incredible lack of maintenance (better in the summer when it gets very overgrown). If your ever by Druid Hill park, stop by TV hill. The towers can put on quite a show depending on the weather. Also, don't neglect industrial Baltimore. The steel mill @ Sparrows point is tough to get close to without a boat but South Baltimore around Curtis Bay is amazing in a post-apocalyptic of way.

TheFlyingCamera
02-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I'll be going up to Baltimore this weekend to photograph at the Rawlings Conservatory in Druid Hill Park. PM me if you want to meet up.

Jim- did you ever make it up to the conservatory? If not, while I'm booked up this weekend, maybe next would be good. We might have another major snow this weekend too.

c6h6o3
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Jim- did you ever make it up to the conservatory? If not, while I'm booked up this weekend, maybe next would be good. We might have another major snow this weekend too.

As I told Matthew, I only got as far as the Bishop's Garden at the National Cathedral due to a late start on the weekend honeydo list.

I'm up for going there maybe on Sunday if the roads are plowed.

On another note, I need to drop by and do some scanning of my Raid Our Gallery entries. They're due to Steve by Monday the 15th. You can scan 4x5 chromes, right?

BTW, I see that Cylburn Arboretum is now open again. We might want to hit that one, too, later in the spring.

TheFlyingCamera
02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Jim- I can scan up to 8x10 chromes. I'll be around this weekend, but Saturday day is most likely booked with my Lincoln's Political Washington bus tour through the Smithsonian Associates. Unless they cancel it for weather, I'm going, as Ed Bearss is the tourguide and I love his tours.

c6h6o3
02-04-2010, 04:13 PM
cya sunday then (maybe)

marylandphoto
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Anyone in the Baltimore/Washington area who ever wants to meet up, I'm ALWAYS ready. Sometimes, I feel like I'm on an island all by myself here with my digital friends. ;) Just mention something here or shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

agman
02-10-2010, 07:31 AM
What cemetery is Edgar Allan Poe buried? Thanx.

Tim Gray
02-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Taking lots of pictures of snow this week I would imagine :)

TheFlyingCamera
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Poe is buried in the churchyard of Westminster Hall, now part of property of University of Maryland at Baltimore Law School. It is located at the corner of Fayette and Greene streets. Map of the Poe Gravesite (http://www.eapoe.org/balt/poegravm.htm). The cemetery is often closed, but they do have scheduled tours, and you can also book a group tour in advance.

marylandphoto
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Taking lots of pictures of snow this week I would imagine

Whereabouts in PA are you, Tim?

Tim Gray
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Right south of Philly. Near the airport.

TheFlyingCamera
02-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I've been posting scans of the DC snow pics I took the other night. I've got another batch coming along today (probably be tomorrow before they're dry, my darkroom is rather cold). The storm sucks because I've basically only been out of the house twice in the last six days (once to take the photos, once to go to the store to re-stock). The upside is that I'm getting some significant printing done.

Tim Gray
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I went out for a couple of hours today and took a couple rolls in the storm. I missed this past weekend (was out of state), but took some photos on Monday of the aftermath. Also took a couple rolls during the storm right before Christmas.

I'm sure a lot of them will be crap, but some will be good :)