PDA

View Full Version : Where have the Bronicas Gone?

Joe Grodis
01-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Where have the Bronica's Gone?

I have been collection cameras now for 30+ years. About 3 years ago I began hunting for Bronica S, D, and Z's. I have since then acquired a very nice operational Bronica-S. Now I can't seem to find any at all in this series. NONE....

Any ideas for sources would be nice and No I don't want an S2.

DWThomas
01-30-2010, 03:46 PM
I think I've noticed a slight upward drift in prices on the SQ-xx series stuff lately -- maybe demand has begun to exceed supply.

el wacho
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
really? look on e-bay... ( i've seen at least 6 s' and alot of s2a's go through. also about 3 d's ) .

Joe Grodis
01-31-2010, 08:36 AM
really? look on e-bay... ( i've seen at least 6 s' and alot of s2a's go through. also about 3 d's ) .

3 D's??!! Wow!! The "USA" Ebay has "0" I saw a lot of ETR, EC, and even an S2 but no S, D, or Z....

Tom Kershaw
01-31-2010, 08:44 AM
The supply of Bronica gear in the UK doesn't seem particularly generous at the moment. For example, Ffordes only had a couple of 6x6 bodies when I last checked; but plenty of Mamiya and some Pentax.

Tom

el wacho
02-01-2010, 02:40 AM
sorry Joe, i should elaborate. i've seen 3 d's go by on the us ebay in the last 7 months. i'm pretty sure one of them worked as it was a personal estate sale. regarding the s, s2 and s2a, they not in the same numbers as the hasselblad 500c but they are there. if you're prepared to wait and you know your stuff you should snap up a bargain. i bought an s2a with a nikkor 50mm/3.5 for around 150 dollars. at the moment there's an s2 with an iffy back going for 100 dollars. happy hunting.

el wacho
02-01-2010, 02:43 AM
hmm just looked at ebay again and there's a d for sale...

ps it need some tlc and you won't find it by typing "d"

Joe Grodis
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Bronica seems to be the next "Collectors" item camera. Sad to see such a fine brand end up as self fodder for some non-photographer collector. I noticed that on KEH the ETR selection has been reduced to 5 as apposed to 30+ a years ago. I should have been more Bronica focused last year.

I guess a Rotary finder and a EX+ bellows are out of the question...

redmachus
04-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Where have the Bronica's Gone?

Good question. When I first started in MF about 10 years ago, I pieced together a kit that included an S2A, 5 lenses, hoods, extension tubes, multiple backs, finders, and a matching case for what was back then peanuts. Ten years later, when I got back into it, I tried tracking down a similiar kit. No such luck. I'd be lucky to even find half that stuff again, let alone at reasonable prices. Shame.