PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 10 - Status and Updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Ken Nadvornick
02-19-2010, 11:00 PM
My print is now winging it's way half round the world.

Hi Paul,

The other half of the world here...

What a fantastic exercise these exchanges are. I just received an absolutely beautiful print from Paul. It's a selenium-toned lith print with an unbelievable color to it. It's the first lith I have seen directly, and I must day I'm very impressed!

The subject is a weathered lock on what appears to be either a fence or gate. Perfect subject matter for this type of presentation. Now I can see what the lith fuss is all about.

Many thanks, Paul. If there are no objections, I intend to mount, matt, and frame this one for personal display.

Best regards,
Ken

paul_c5x4
02-20-2010, 04:34 AM
The subject is a weathered lock on what appears to be either a fence or gate. Perfect subject matter for this type of presentation. Now I can see what the lith fuss is all about.

Many thanks, Paul. If there are no objections, I intend to mount, matt, and frame this one for personal display.

The padlock is on an old, rotting stable door - The buildings are scheduled for "conversion" into office spaces. Hope to get some more shots of the area once the builders move in.

By all means, matt & frame the print - You might want to leave it in a press to flatten it out a bit more.

lorirfrommontana
02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh, my! I just received a beautiful print from djhopscotch. Wow! It is a lovely mounted and matted print of Zabriskie's Point. Wow! Thank you. Can't wait to hang it!

Christopher Walrath
02-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, that's a confirmed seven sent and four received thus far.

naugastyle
02-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I sent mine yesterday. I sent by simple first-class mail, but the distance is not very far...I imagine it will be there soon.

Romary
02-22-2010, 12:57 PM
I never got the package out last week as I said, but my prints are on their way now! I couldn't decide which one to send so they both went!

What a pleasure to arrive at home at the end of the day and find two great prints from Lori. They have arrived in perfect shape.

Merci beaucoup :)

david James lee
02-22-2010, 12:59 PM
mine is printed and dry and flat. ready to send and probably out this week.....

kraker
02-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Just finished the packaging, now all that is needed is the posting.

I hope I can send it on or before Saturday. I'll post here again when it's on its way.

Christopher Walrath
02-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Thank you, Jacco.

kraker
02-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Faster than I anticipated...

My print is in the mail, on its way to its recipient.
It's crossing some water, but it's not a huge trip, so I guess it should arrive within a week or so.

What's next? Ah yes, the Postcard Exchange. Time to start working on that one. :)

david James lee
02-26-2010, 07:23 AM
ok, finally i fedexed mine yesterday. should reach destination this weekend. ( when do we start with round 11...?)

Romary
02-26-2010, 08:42 AM
( when do we start with round 11...?)

Chris have indicated the schedule here : http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/69492-introduction-blind-print-exchange.html

Christopher Walrath
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks, David. In the meantime I don't know whether or not you have checked out THE PRINT TRADE (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum243/). You make a print(s) and then post that you would like to offer them to trade. Or browse those already posted and offer trades in exchange for what they have. I am not familiar with all of the guidelines, but I do know that it is recommended you only offer 'completed' prints. So check it out.

Or, just send someone else a print. Just for the heckuvit.

We have 27 participants. 10 confirmed sent. 5 confirmed received. Not half bad. Keep it up.

joelr
02-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Chris,

I received mine this week. They were fantastic. I'm still working on getting mine out.

Joel.

rst
02-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Davids image had a good landing today in my mailbox. A nice little image which made me smile. Thanks David I like it.

So my image for this exchange went out with my images for the alt and the group print exchange. All those images found their way but the one for this exchange seems to be lost. :(

Cheers
Ruediger

Christopher Walrath
02-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Advised, Joel and Rudy. Thanks for letting me know.

ghostcount
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
ok, finally i fedexed mine yesterday. should reach destination this weekend. ( when do we start with round 11...?)

Got the print David, it's wonderful!!! Unfortunately, customs had to open it and despite the description you put as a photograph they liberally applied a box cutter to it. :(

Fortunately, they only slice the back side of the mat board and the picture side was saved.;)

It's an awesome print and it will hang on my living room wall for a long, long time. Makes me want to get a Leica. :p Thank you very much!!!

Best,
Randy

david James lee
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I am very glad you liked it. good luck i decided to mat it and in the last minute i put another piece of board in the front ! this photograph looks much nicer in this size and especially when framed. thanks for your comment.

David J. Lee

Christopher Walrath
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Be advised. I have now printed. I will now send.

rst
03-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Ha ha, now that someone else received also a David image I realized that my David image is for the postcard exchange. Still thanks to David and I go over into waiting-mode again. :)

Cheers
Ruediger (confused by too many exchanges)