PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 10 - Status and Updates

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Christopher Walrath
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I will publish the list when I get home this evening and send assignments. Please bear one thing in mind this round. We need communication. You to me and me to you. Please post here when you send and when you receive so I can keep track and not end up needing to bug y'all as in the last round.

Mentioning last round, I'll have to check but I think it's about done. Went halfways decent, IMHO anyway.

Christopher Walrath
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
PM's sent. Only respond to your PM if a correction to YOUR address is needed. Wait until the 5th before sending print(s) to allow ample time for corrections. If your name is not on this list or you have not received a PM, contact me ASAP so that corrections can be made. Feel free to commence to salivating. Here's the final cut of 31 (I beleive)

lorirfrommontana
Christopher Walrath
photomem
rtbadman
seadd
Romary
Laurent
No Digital
Thomas Moraitis
ghostcount
markrewald
david James lee
photobum
kraker
rst
djhopscotch
mckenna
pesphoto
joelr
Black Dog
Ektagraphic
mcfactor
darinwc
naugastyle
paul_c5x4
archaeo
delphine
Ken Nadvornick
apconan
bill williams
rlibersky

rst
02-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks Chris for organizing this. This is my first time in the blind print exchange and I am curious what will knock on my door.

Cheers
Ruediger

Christopher Walrath
02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
No problem, Rudy. Happy to reciprocate. I received a correction and an adjustment. I would say we are in the clear. Definitely safe to post after the weekend. I'm getting 24" starting tomorrow afternoon and I just got my year's supply of Orient Seagull and DDX so I should have penty to do this weekend. Need to sort through some negs and get this mule moving.

rst
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
My print is ready and will go out later in the week together with the prints for the group print exchange. To whoever it will go, I hope it will please you.

Cheers
Ruediger

rst
02-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Print sent.

Cheers
Ruediger

Christopher Walrath
02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Gotcha. Thanks, Rudy.

Christopher Walrath
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
So, how are we all doing? Any hopes for this round? Chat it up if you like.

lorirfrommontana
02-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Mine will go out tomorrow. It is so much fun to get a print in the mail! I am redoing my living room (after we replace the windows) and will only have photography on the walls. Nice to have others work up and not just my own!

kraker
02-12-2010, 03:43 AM
I have made my print two weeks ago. After drying, I put it under a stack of books in the hope that it will flatten.
I must admit, I haven't looked at it since. I think it's about time to remove the stack of books. Then comes the biggest question: am I still happy about the print after not seeing it for some time?...

paul_c5x4
02-12-2010, 06:34 PM
My print is now winging it's way half round the world.

Christopher Walrath
02-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Thank you, Paul and Lori. Let us know Jacco.

Romary
02-15-2010, 05:00 AM
I sent mine this morning.

My two prints will make a longue travel from France to ..... a place a lot warmer than France these days.

According to the post office that should take between 1 and 2 weeks.

naugastyle
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Received mine from Ektagraphic. Thank you!

lorirfrommontana
02-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I never got the package out last week as I said, but my prints are on their way now! I couldn't decide which one to send so they both went!

Christopher Walrath
02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, that's five sent and one received thus far. I still have to print. Haven't set up the darkroom in a while. I really need ot get on the stick myself. Group first, then postcard and blind.

Laurent
02-17-2010, 02:24 AM
I think mine is printed (not sure about the selection, but this is what I think is my absolute best shot so far, and I'm sending the same to a juried competition (my first one)).

Gave me a good opportunity to work on dodging/burning so that the print resembles what I envisioned.

I still have to decide if I add a bonus print ;-)

Question : is it considered "fair game" to include versions of the print I have discarded, to still get opinions on them ?

djhopscotch
02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Print is in the post on its way to a new owner.

apconan
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Sent mine out a few minutes ago [love having post office down the street]

Christopher Walrath
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Things seem to be moving along nicely.