PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 19 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

kraker
04-30-2010, 04:59 AM
And... my cards went in the mail today. At last. If the postal services are as slow as me, it might take a few months for the cards to arrive. ;)

Of course there was some delay due to the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, but I'm curious, I've only had one confirmation of my card arriving at its destination.

Has anyone except Laurent received my card? Or is the airmail still stuck at some airport?

ozphoto
04-30-2010, 05:03 AM
To all on my list - I also apologise. Juggling work and the project I set myself for this round has proven to be an absolute shocker!!
I'll be sitting out the next round - just too difficult to work around my crazy schedules right now.

Laurent
04-30-2010, 07:51 AM
I got Dr Zish's Mc Cormick Creek today. The composition makes the perspective work great, I'd like to see 's around the corner.

mooseontheloose
04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Kraker, I received your print yesterday. I don't know why, but I really like infrared, and you've done a nice job with the SFX - definitely something I'll have to experiment more with now that my stash of HIE is almost gone.

TimVermont
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Time for an update:
Trotkiller's Lighthouse
Kraker's IR Landscape
Mark's Denver snowstorm
Rob's Mont Blanc
Wayne's Tomatoes
Paul's Carousel horse
Hoffy's Stone Cottage
Kathy's May snowstorm
Omu'sPier with snow.
So far all of the cards from Australia have arrived in pristine shape, remarkable given the distance travelled.
Thanks everyone!

rst
05-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Hey, signup for round 20 is now open: Click! (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/76060-apug-postcard-exchange-round-20-signup.html)

Cheers
Ruediger

johnnywalker
05-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, round 20 is started and I haven't acknowledged all the cards received from 19, so I'll fix that now:

Jake's (Black Dog) seashore picture; nice high key scene, looks hot;
Polyglot's water picture from Cambodia - great light filtered through the trees;
Crispin's abandoned farmhouse from Iceland - beautiful, must have been a hard life;
OMU's pier with snow from Norway; nice tones, looks too cold to fish!;
Tim Gray's park photo with guy walking in the rain - just like Johnny Ray sang it;
Mark Rewald's March parking metre in Denver - I like the picture, but it doesn't make me look forward to winter;
Finally, Rob Skeoch's view of Mont Blanc. This really jumps out at you, perfectly exposed and developed, to my inexpert eye.

So, I've received 16 out of the 20 cards I signed up for. Not sure who's missing and too busy to look right now. However, 80 per cent ain't bad. I mailed one of mine to myself from Vietnam, and it finally arrived, so I trust everyone else's did as well.

Mick Fagan
05-02-2010, 10:15 PM
So you sent yourself a "Dear John" letter. :D

I have some cards to comment on, but will do that later in the week, very busy at the moment.

Mick.

mooseontheloose
05-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Three cards arrived this week along with my birthday card:

Kathy's "Gift Shop of Horrors" -- funny, with a great expression on both the guy and the wolf.

Hoffy's old shed back room -- has a lot of great detail with the crumbling wall and the old farm implements.

Tim Gray's "wintry mix" has a wonderful feeling of not being warm enough for the conditions at hand.

I'm only over 50% cards received, so I haven't commented on your card, it's probably because it has to make a circuitous route to Canada and then Japan. For anyone who hasn't sent their cards yet, send me a pm and I'll let you know my new address.

Cheers.

johnnywalker
05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Yes, it was a sad break-up, made all the worse by not being able to let the left hand know what the right hand is up to. :D

lorirfrommontana
05-04-2010, 06:50 PM
I've received many cards since I last updated. I will try and get them all listed tomorrow or later tonight.

wazza
05-05-2010, 07:17 AM
My cards left Australia yesterday, apologies for the delay
Wazza

gurkenprinz
05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi everybody,

received quite a few cards over the last weeks (in no chronological order):

-DrZish's very calm and inviting creek. Nice spring light!
-a very detailed lighthouse photo from Trotkiller
-from Kathy Whitmore, a snow storm picture that forces me to remember these really cold winter days! Gives me a chill, has a very raw feeling to it.
-OMU's pier with beautiful reflections in the lake - and is exactly like I imagine a beautiful winter day in Norway.
-from rst, an interesting shot that shows very old structures and is composed very well! Das Motiv gefällt, Rüdiger! :-)
-Mark Rewald's snow-covered light meter, and a street that reminds me of my time in the States.
-Rob Skeoch's Mont Blanc picture which has a very dramatic feel to it, great composition! this is a beautiful mountain photographed beautifully!
-Last but most certainly not least: Crispin's color print of an abandoned house is one of my absolute favourites. Jewel-like, unusual and also stunning colors!

I want to thank all of you for brightening my days with your cards!

Cheers,
Chris
-Mark Rewald's snow-covered meters

Laurent
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I received RST's Zwinger yesterday. Thanks for this nice print !

mooseontheloose
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Rudiger's and Judith's postcards arrived yesterday - a nice complementary pair from father and daugher. Thanks!

TimVermont
05-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Rüdiger and Judith's cards came this morning, as did Dr. Zish's river scene. Thank you!

mooseontheloose
05-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Another package arrived today bearing cards:

Two wonderful snowy scenes: Rob Skeoch's dramatic Mont Blanc and Mark Rewald's overloaded snowy tree and meter.

These provide a nice contrast to the more summery cards of trotkiller's dominating lighthouse and Wayne Frederick's tomatoes - I only hope mine look as good in the next couple of months.

Thanks everyone!

Patrick Latour
05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I got the Storm Rolling Into Cowie Bay Daintree from Wazza this morning. Super nice print, I love the "tint" in it. I do not know if it is on the neg or the paper, but it is a nice cold grey. Speaking about the paper, it is really thin compared to what I am used to. Thanks for a such beautiful picture.

wazza
05-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks Patrick The print is a bit thin as its FujiCrystal archive output through a Frontier. I normally print using fibre so matched this print on the output device. I had to put together an exhibition in the middle of this round so was forced to output through the Frontier I just ran out of time to complete all the printing and framing for the show.
Love your great country, I think Australians and Canadians share a lot in common.
Regards
Warren

Laurent
05-15-2010, 04:32 AM
I got Wazza's Storm Rolling Into Cowie Bay Daintree yesterday. What a print ! I first thought it was color, there is a kind of "cool" effect in the sky and I believed it was blue at first glance. I love the composition also, thanks Wazza !!