PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 19 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Roger Thoms
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey just received a card from donminbox, it is a store bought card rather than a film based postcard. Very disappointing. From the message on the card I believe we have a Christian spammer in this exchange. I PM'ed donminbox earlier today regarding the card but have not received a response.

Roger

Christopher Walrath
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Great start to the round. Got Rachelle's IR postcard. As usual, a real treat to see. I love your IR work.

2F/2F
02-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Haven't started yet. Will look through my negs this weekend.

johnnywalker
02-10-2010, 10:39 PM
You keeners are making me feel like a slackard. I won't be home from Guyana until Sunday, and leaving on the next Sunday (21st) for Vietnam. I think (hope) I have a great postcard waiting in my camera, if so I'll develop and print that before I leave, the photo gods willing. If not It will have to find another one in my vast storehouse of almost-great pictures. If it has to wait until mid-March I think that's still in the allowed time, and won't be flagellated with a wet noodle for being late?

drpsilver
02-10-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Feb 2010

I also received a store bought card from donmimbox with a similar sounding message that rtbadman mentioned. I was equally disappointed.

On the other hand, The card from mooseontheloose is a beautiful IR photo. I really love the ethereal nature of this print.:) Very well done. At first look I thought it might be a photo from a memorial on the Stanford University campus. I guess there are thousands of this style memorial around the world.

Regards,
Darwin

P.S. I hope to get into the darkroom to print next week. I have a neg selected, just need time to print.

BirgerA
02-11-2010, 06:33 AM
I received Gurkenprinz postcard of the two nuns day before yesterday. Nice.

A little request/tip: Please write which round the postcard is in, it makes it easier to follow .

Best regards

Birger A.

gurkenprinz
02-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Alright, Birger, thanks for the tip! It is my first such exchange, after all...

Also, I am glad you like my card :-)

Greetings from Vienna,
Chris

Patrick Latour
02-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Just got Rachelle's IR postcard. Beautiful work. I love the light, the spirit and a lot of details on this building. As an icing on the top, it gave me the chance to feel between my fingers, a totally new paper for me. The card is in front of me at the office for the day, (all my co-workers are looking at it). Tonight I will put it on my newly prepared "Postcard Exchange Wall of Celebrities". Best Regards.

zumbido
02-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Also received Rachelle's card yesterday. Most excellent.

david James lee
02-11-2010, 09:57 AM
finished printing yesterday and they are ready now. i will mail them next monday.

Roger Thoms
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I just got a PM from donmimbox in regards to the store bought card I receive from him. Don apologized for the mistake stating that he had mixed up my address with another post card exchange he is participating in. I'll let everyone know when I receive the proper card.

Roger

Patrick Latour
02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I just got a PM from donmimbox in regards to the store bought card I receive from him. Don apologized for the mistake stating that he had mixed up my address with another post card exchange he is participating in. I'll let everyone know when I receive the proper card.

Roger

It means that he also mixed up the card for Darwin ?

mooseontheloose
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Got my first card of the exchange today -- the smiling nuns from Gurkenprinz. A nice capture of a spur-of-the-moment, uh..moment. ;-)

Thanks to everyone else for the comments so far -- I did two images this time round, both are HIE (what a surprise...) and from the archives, but never printed before (I have huge backlog to get through). As always, I'm excited to see what will come through this round.

bwakel
02-11-2010, 01:42 PM
First card from Rachelle (Mooseontheloose). Another wonderful HIE IR shot. Great print and a new paper to me (Fujibro RC). The black outline to the print with glow marks from the non anti-halation treated HIE is a nice touch.

Barry

Jostie
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi.
As a postcard exchange newbie, receiving my first card ( thanks Rachelle, great shot beautifully printed) today was incredibly exciting I can't wait for the rest.

lorirfrommontana
02-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I received my cards from Rachelle and Gurkenprinz. What an awesome start to the exchange! I also received a store bought card from donmimbox but the other 2 made up for it!

Laurent
02-12-2010, 01:24 AM
I finished printing yesterday evening, so I'm ready to address and send !
This time I decided I'd send different cards, so there are 5 different ones, all "straight" landscapes from some of my favourite places in France, all coming from a TLR (either Yashica MAT 124 or Rolleiflex 3.5B, I can't tell them apart). Some are from the archives but were never printed before, I started to print when I already had ca. 100 films in 120 format.

Laurent
02-12-2010, 07:26 AM
I received Rachelle's (Mooseontheloose) card today. Wonderful IR shot of a statue in Père Lachaise. Thanks, Rachelle !

ozphoto
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Rachelle's card arrived today - my first card for Round 19!
Love the IR shot - wish I could get my hands on some of this again......

Shaggysk8
02-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Thank you Rachelle my card got here, lovely image my partner worked out you were a girl just from the shot, not sure what that says :D

Paul