PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 19 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

wazza
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Two gems arrived here in Australia today, Mick Fagan's wheat silos and Rachelle's HIE print taken in Saskatchewan. Still deciding what to send this round should be out by end February though.
wazza

Christopher Walrath
02-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Brian's postcard arrived today, a wonderful tribute to lost loved ones. A great statement. May they rest in peace.

Received a postcard from Don Morrison as well. Not any photograph he made. Great message on the back. Thanks for the card. Can hardly wait for the printed card.

Shaggysk8
02-13-2010, 06:31 AM
All in the post, I hope they get there.

Paul

BirgerA
02-13-2010, 10:56 AM
I received the IR image from Rachelle today. Very nice.

Best regards

Birger A.

bwakel
02-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Wonderful card from Mick Fagan today. Taken with a 5x4, it has wonderful metallic tones and the unforced detail that only comes with large format. The composition is spot on and the light is great.

Barry

ozphoto
02-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Mick's card also arrived yesterday - love it!

timk
02-15-2010, 04:59 AM
received rachelle's and Mick's so far (thanks mick for the kind welcome). Haven't worked out what I'm going to print get, pressure is on to print something decent...

gurkenprinz
02-15-2010, 07:12 AM
I received 2 cards today:

Rachelle's - what a wonderful magical background!
and Mick's - I cannot stop looking at your card! A beautiful photo!

Thank you both,

gurkenprinz

gurkenprinz
02-15-2010, 07:55 AM
P.S. Just what is wrong with the mail service? Both cards arrived damaged, the one from Rachel has ink smeared over it and Mick's is almost ripped in two halves.. Does my mailman hate me?

BirgerA
02-15-2010, 03:10 PM
I received Mick Fagans postcatd today. Very nice.

best regards

Birger A.

Roger Thoms
02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I received Mick Fagans postcard yesterday. Very very nice.

photomem
02-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Just FYI, I am going to try and get postcards out in the next week. However, it may be Spring Break before I can get them printed and sent. (6 March if you are curious)

MattKing
02-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Just FYI, I am going to try and get postcards out in the next week. However, it may be Spring Break before I can get them printed and sent. (6 March if you are curious)

Just a reminder, folks.

The schedule for this round sets aside February and March for printing and sending out cards - you still have time!!!

Matt

david James lee
02-15-2010, 09:32 PM
mine were mailed today. hope they get there soon!

Tim Gray
02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Got Rachelle's card the other day. Wonderful photo and wonderful print. Also got the pre-printed one from Don...

kraker
02-16-2010, 03:13 AM
What Tim said! Received Rachelle's very nice IR print, a beauty as always. And I got the pre-printed one as well.

Haven't decided on what to print myself; maybe the shot still has to be taken, even. Oh well, there's still time!

Laurent
02-16-2010, 04:50 AM
I got Mick Fagan's absolutely gorgeous card today in the box. Wondeful composition, beautiful tones, great print (Mick : what's the negative format ? it can't be a 4x5 contact, may be a crop from a panoramic ?)

I also got the pre-printed card, not well suited for this exchange (I won't comment the message, but I appreciate the intent anyway).

P.S. (and Edit) I got curious and went to dominbox's blog. I found a scan of at least one APUG card, the blog says somewhere that if you do not wish to have your card posted on the blog, you should write "no post" on the back of the card you sent. This may not hurt, but does not seem fair since this is not related to APUG and was not published here. (On the other hand, I really appreciate the part of the "Mission" about having people turning cell phones and other invaders off !! )

Mick Fagan
02-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Many thanks to all for your kind comments about my card.

Laurent, it is a very small enlargement of a 4x5" negative, enough to give it the cropping required for the panoramic view I envisaged when I first saw these wheat silos.

I nearly didn't take the picture as it was extremely hot, low 40's C and an absolute gale of a hot super dry northerly blowing from the centre of the continent.

I'll hopefully be printing a near identical cropped print on 12x16" paper on the weekend, test strips show terrific detail and tonality.

Mick.

Laurent
02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I nearly didn't take the picture as it was extremely hot, low 40's C and an absolute gale of a hot super dry northerly blowing from the centre of the continent.

I'm glad you did take it ! Thanks for the details Mick !

mooseontheloose
02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Laurent -- thanks for the heads-up. I've emailed him asking him to remove my postcard immediately.

In all honesty, I don't know if I will do any more of these exchanges. I'm still missing nearly a quarter of the postcards from the last exchange with no comments from most of the people who are late as to when (or if) we might expect the cards, and then we have people like donminbox signing up for this exchange for his own gain with no intention of honoring it in the manner that we expect.