PDA

View Full Version : WINTER STORM 5 FEB 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Christopher Walrath
02-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Well, the streets are narrower but clear. Went and got gas and sandwiches for breakfast. (Gas for the Jeep and sandwiches for breakfast, which shall produce gas of its own soon.) We got 22 inches in Milton. I was going to go help shovel out my folks and folks-in-law but I wrenched my knee on some ice reentering the home. Atleast the sandwiches and Chugs are no worse for wear. The same cannot be said for the photographer carrying them.

Sirius Glass
02-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Well, the accumulation down here was pretty disappointing, our last few hours of precip was in the form of sleet and we wound up with no more than a foot or so total by the time it all packed down. All in all, the storm of a weeks ago was more of an adventure. Oh well.

In Columbia Maryland we finally got about 2.5 feet of snow. What is disappointing is the complete collapse of the airport infrastructure. The roads have been cleared but the airports are still closed. This is not rocket science folks, learn to use the snowplow!

Now I am leaving on Monday for a vacation that started Saturday [bitch bitch bitch].

Steve

Vaughn
02-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey look here Mr. That title is indicative of my deepest foibles. Those being utterly and innanely human. ;p Hiya Ron. Actually I really learned alot about new decades and high falutin' crap like that which I would not have learned if I had not started this thread with such a screwed up title.

Hey, it's me! ;p

Amazing where a smart-ass comment made with a wink (;)) can lead us, too! Sometimes the OT comments can lead to more interesting places than the OP.

We only got 0.18 of rain yesterday, and fell farther behind the season normal (but only an inch behind) -- but it was a nice sunset when I took one of my boys to the beach/bay entrance. The rain stopped and we actually got to see that big bright round disk in the sky as it dropped behind some clouds on the horizon!

Super Bowl today -- time to take the boys somewhere. Everyone else will be glued to the tube.

Vaughn

Sirius -- sorry to hear that your holiday has been delayed and I wish you good travels and skiing!

Christopher Walrath
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Started snowing tonight and then changed over to rain. Hope we don't have a repeat of 94. Last thing I want is two inches of ice.

TheFlyingCamera
02-10-2010, 06:53 AM
it's back to snow again already here. Had rain/sleet for part of the night. I'm just SOOOO looking forward to getting out and shoveling again (NOT).

keithwms
02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Bah, all we got was a light dusting and some slushy crap. I really wanted the big historical blizzard we were promised :(

36cm2
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
It's not disappointing in Northern NJ. Shoveled 5 inches already and expecting another 8 or so. I'll be printing some high-key portraits this afternoon in honor of the white-out.

Christopher Walrath
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
We got almost an inch last night before it turned to rain and stayed that way until an hour os so ago. Went in to sell spark plugs to the City boys until 10:30 and just got home a few minutes ago. Roads are more than passable but not for long. Second Scott's emotion. Scrape. Scrape. Scrape. 10 more by midnight. That'll put us at about 54" for the year. We haven't had that much since 1993.

bobwysiwyg
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
This probably isn't the best year to be pushing a Global Warming agenda, eh? :D

Christopher Walrath
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I wish somebody would. And soon. And how.

Sirius Glass
02-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I lost two days of skiing in Canada because of the people in Maryland running around wringing theirs hands screaming "We will all be killed!"

Steve

Rick A
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Boo-hoo-hoo.

Rick

Sirius Glass
02-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Considering the way they drive, they will!