PDA

View Full Version : WINTER STORM 5 FEB 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Christopher Walrath
02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Just got three 100-ct boxes of Orient Seagull 8x10 glossy RC VC and four bottles of DDX (I think) Developer. Forecast 18-30 inches from 4PM Fri to 7PM Sat. Gee, what is a creatively deprived photographer with a printing and developing backlog to do???

Vaughn
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
print or shovel snow? -- dang what a hard decision for you!

Vaughn

PS -- time to join in with the new decade, dude!;)

brian steinberger
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I will certainly be spending much time printing in the darkroom the next 2 or 3 days!!

Nicholas Lindan
02-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Go out and take pictures 'till the snow melts.

Rick A
02-05-2010, 05:01 AM
We haven't been getting much white sh-tuff here in the northern part of Pa. I've been looking forward to lots of it this winter, so the family can get out to ski(x-c). Getting out on skinny boards with a camera is tons better fun than looking at brown and gray dismal landscapes. At least I haven't had to shovel much this winter. 'fI were you I'd shoot, print, shoot s'more, print s'more, look outside to see whats going on, drink some favorite beverage, retire to the DR s'more--maybe wait for the storm to subside before shoveling--Oh ya, better lay in s'more food and other sundry necessities before it hits, you dont wanna come out of the DR, especially mid-storm, just to go to the store in a blizzard.

Oh-If you are in a printing funk, send me the paper--I'll gladly print it all up for you.

Rick

bobwysiwyg
02-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Likewise here in Lower Michigan. We are way behind our normal amount actually, but a welcome change from the previous two winters when we had close to 90 inches, about double our normal amount. We appreciate all those south of the Mason-Dixon Line taking the big white bullet for us this winter. :D

Christopher Walrath
02-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Posted wirelessly..

Vaughn

PS -- time to join in with the new decade, dude!;)

First time I missed the year. OOPS!

CuS
02-05-2010, 07:51 AM
This is exactly what I was thinking - shoot some large format, do a little pyro souping and print, print, print, print . . .

Jeff Kubach
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I like snow up to a point. Don't like to shovel it though. But I do like to print, so I geuss I have a lot of prints next couple days.

Jeff

keithwms
02-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Just got three 100-ct boxes of Orient Seagull 8x10 glossy RC VC and four bottles of DDX (I think) Developer. Forecast 18-30 inches from 4PM Fri to 7PM Sat. Gee, what is a creatively deprived photographer with a printing and developing backlog to do???

Hmm, I too will be doing some printing this weekend, we are supposed to get 20-28. The second apocalypse of the season, only this one will happen while all the students are in town. Road salt is sold out everywhere, I just sprinkled pickling salt by my door ;)

Sirius Glass
02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
I have a ski trip to western Canada that I booked and paid for over a year ago [October 2008] that is delayed a day because the maintenance workers at BWI cannot figure out which end of a shovel to use. What a bunch of wimps!

It is just snow get over it!

We had a similar storm last December and I had no problem driving in it. You know in Canada they just drive on it.

My neighbors in Maryland are wringing there hands with tears the size of horse turds in their eyes crying out "Its gonna snow! We will all be killed!"

Steve

keithwms
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Steve, the problem here is the anticipation of problems. People get totally whipped into a frenzy a day or two in advance, as if missing a meal or two might really be detrimental ;)

ishutteratthethought
02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Enjoy the snow!
We have had a pretty good year for the stuff here in Minnesota, Christmas time was exceptionally beautiful with a fresh 10 + inches. It is snowing right now here in Minneapolis and the way it is laying on the trees is gorgeous.
Steve

Sirius Glass
02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Enjoy the snow!
We have had a pretty good year for the stuff here in Minnesota, Christmas time was exceptionally beautiful with a fresh 10 + inches. It is snowing right now here in Minneapolis and the way it is laying on the trees is gorgeous.
Steve

The snow is great. The people around here in Metro DC, not so.

keithwms
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Haha. I have a friend in Bethesda who calls the DC traffic "magma." This is the most apt description I have yet heard of it. Woe unto anyone getting sucked into the magma today and tomorrow. Even on a good day, the traffic is an national embarrassment well befitting the gridlock of our federal government.

jovo
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Check out this weather report from Accuweather in the Baltimore/DC area...what a hoot!

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?video=1671939093

Sirius Glass
02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Check out this weather report from Accuweather in the Baltimore/DC area...what a hoot!

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?video=1671939093

And some out there reading my post thought I was exaggerating.

I have a ski trip to western Canada that I booked and paid for over a year ago [October 2008] that is delayed a day because the maintenance workers at BWI cannot figure out which end of a shovel to use. What a bunch of wimps!

It is just snow get over it!

We had a similar storm last December and I had no problem driving in it. You know in Canada they just drive on it.

My neighbors in Maryland are wringing there hands with tears the size of horse turds in their eyes crying out "Its gonna snow! We will all be killed!"

Steve

Steve

jgjbowen
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
I spent last weekend's snowstorm in the darkroom. I hope to expose film for this storm. Of course, if I can't get out of the Atlanta airport and back to Richmond, I may have to just read APUG and LF Forum from the airport....

Have Fun!

Existing Light
02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
We appreciate all those south of the Mason-Dixon Line taking the big white bullet for us this winter. :D

you're welcome :D

Down here in North Alabama, we close schools and stock up on canned food as soon as it starts snowing. Usually it's just random flurries and a few icy patches on the roads, but we did get a good snow back in early January.

I think getting southerners off the roads when the roads are icy is good because most of us cant drive worth shit in good weather (myself included) :D

Ok, I might have been a little sarcastic in this post, but it's true enough to make a good generalization (perhaps stereotype is a better word?) about the locals :D

edit: I think I've reached my smiley face quota for today.

RalphLambrecht
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Posted wirelessly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn

Vaughn

PS -- time to join in with the new decade, dude!

First time I missed the year. OOPS!

You didn't miss a thing. The next decade starts with the end of this year, unless the first year was year '0' and not year '1'.