PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Photographers?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Darkroom317
02-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Middle of the area works for. Petit Jean would be great. Anything interesting in the East?

jbridges
02-28-2010, 11:00 PM
For me some parts of east AR are cool but it's hard work once all the flat fields kick in.
Would you be coming from NW AR? Maybe somewhere that is north east of LR? Let's think.

Darkroom317
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah I would be coming from NW AR. Driving really isn't that big an issue with me.

photomem
03-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, once we hit the crowleys ridge, I know plenty of places to eat and shoot. I would ask to drop Memphis from consideration, I am quite sick of this place. I have never been to clarendon, though I am not opposed to driving. Also, it will probably be two of us as I am slowly.convincing donna to convert to film.

Twellsphoto
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I've never been out of the car in Crowley's but from what I've seen from the road that place is very pretty. We should get a date set for this.

jbridges
03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Sounds like Crowley's is the place. Now when is the question. When spring starts kicking in would be my opine. So that is..

photomem
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Maybe mid to late April? If we are talking about a full weekend, Village Creek state park near Wynne might be a good option.

peterjkraus
03-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi, all. I just joined up. Ive lived in Hot Springs since May 08, used to write a lot of travel articles for German mags (my native language and a bunch of business connections to Germany) and have switched to books, as I am now officially a Social Security recipient and have the time for longer form texts. Plus, Iäm currently building a darkroom here at my place after thirty darkroomless years.

Jenny and I used to live in the Santa Barbara area in California, but knew for years where we would retire -- that´s the beauty of travel writing. you get to see the country on someone else´s dime. She and I are still (and again) avid photographers: Jenny loves her Fuji digital slr, I use a Minolta Maxxum 9, a Maxxum 7, a Maxxum 9xi and a Hasselblad 500C that has been in the family since 1959. Back then, I´d borrow the Hasselblad from my dad to shoot black and white, and that´s exactly what I am doing again after twelve digital years (yes, the Minolta RD-175 is still here, on the shelf).

So. Just wanted to say hi and thank you guys for a few tips about locations in our state.
Peter
www.peterjkraus.com

mikebarger
03-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Welcome Peter!!!

I north a ways in Rolla, MO

Mike

jbridges
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome Peter! Hot Springs is my hometown and I miss her dearly. My favorite place to shoot is downtown with all the shop windows and history. Come with us!

My only perceived knock on Village Creek is that I think it is all flat.

jb

Darkroom317
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
How is Pinnacle Mountain for photography?

jbridges
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
My school goes there for a lot of field trips because it does have some awesome shots but I've been there too much. I want to see something new!

jb

Twellsphoto
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm with Jbridges, pinnacle is to busy, mnt magazine would be decent, if you wanted to do a mountain. Winona Forest Drive would be great as well its a 20mile gravel drive with vistas, and lakes.

Darkroom317
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm with Jbridges, pinnacle is to busy, mnt magazine would be decent, if you wanted to do a mountain. Winona Forest Drive would be great as well its a 20mile gravel drive with vistas, and lakes.

Winona Forest Drive looks like a great idea.

photomem
03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Village Creek sits almost right on top of Crowley's Ridge. Not very flat at all. I was just thinking of a place to meet. I am sure I could come into the central part of the state, but not sure about all the way to the Western side.

jbridges
03-06-2010, 06:14 PM
my bad. photomem I was thinking of lake village in the southeast corner of arkansas. village creek sounds great!

photomem
03-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Here is the webpage for Village Creek : http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/villagecreek/

I just looked and they have 3 bedroom / 2 bath cabins for 128.00 per night, which seems really reasonable to me. I am going to throw the idea of making a weekend of it and splitting one of the cabins... any thoughts?

photomem
03-07-2010, 12:21 AM
One other thought, I would love to get back up to Ponca and Rush... maybe a fall color / ghost town / mine meetup might be a good idea? Or maybe the Winona Forest Drive for fall?

jbridges
03-08-2010, 08:18 AM
the VC park site looks like a sweet spot. lets try a spring trip and the whole cabin deal. sounds great if it's a saturday. i think we could turn this into a spring and fall apug regional get together.

who else is in for the cabin in the spring at village creek park?

Darkroom317
03-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Sounds great to me.